*** Guardians of Galaxy ***

Associate
Seems to be getting some good reviews, shame about a couple of the combat gameplay decisions but I can understand the reasons.

Personally I'm going to wait for the raytracing patch on PS5 and play it on that.

Soldato
Sales on this game must have picked up a bit; since I first check on cdkeys and until today the price did nothing but creep up, it's now 25% more than then.

Soldato
Game down to 35 euros @ cdkeys. Almost there. Just needs to go closer to 20. Already selling the disc version for $25 in the US (consoles). Either that or put it on gamepass!

Caporegime
I got it in the sale as well.

Really enjoying it so far. There's some funny dialogue and the game is a good mixture of action and adventure.

Also runs really well with all the ray tracing and ultra graphics, probably thanks to DLSS (Quality)

Oh and the guy who said there's so much quicktime events..hardly any really! Maybe the odd button mash per chapter.

Associate
Picked this up for £22 due to Epic Sale and Epic 10 coupon off (nice). I would have even paid full price, contender for one of my fave games of 2021 so far.....

Soldato
biought for £22 on epic, dont normally spend this much as of late but i got £200 from family & square enix have been knocking it out the park as of late

Associate
Picked this up for £22 due to Epic Sale and Epic 10 coupon off (nice). I would have even paid full price, contender for one of my fave games of 2021 so far.....

I totally agree with this, I paid full price for it and don't regret it at all. I've had a ton of fun, loved the dialogue and game play, combat could be improved upon slightly but all in all it's great.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Looks whack no offence. Gameplay made for kids or simpletons and a cringe script thrown in. Shame. QTEs are the worst thing ever as well. Some games have a few which is fine, but not to this level.

Associate
Looks whack no offence. Gameplay made for kids or simpletons and a cringe script thrown in. Shame. QTEs are the worst thing ever as well. Some games have a few which is fine, but not to this level.

Guardians of the galaxy video game, made for kids?... well yeah, most games are made for kids. That will be the target demographic

There seems to be some differing opinion on the number and frequency of QTE's here

Caporegime
I thought the same too tbf but then I played it and the best way to put it is as follows; if you liked the guardians films, you'll love this, has everything that made the films great i.e. good script, scenery/locations, good whacky story and in terms of gameplay, it's actually pretty good with how it focuses on the guardians having to work together to wipe out the enemies, very much like the opening scene of guardians 2 with them all working together to defeat the monster.

As for QTEs, there's hardly that many, definitely not to the same extent as the likes of the tomb raider games.

I had no bugs/issues in my playthrough, performed very well maxed out.

Last edited:
Soldato
so played around an hour of it?

so far story is great, comedy is great, Graphics on ultra with ray tracing 100FPS on 3090 at 4K :D Combat is not amazing BUT its very bulletstormy points for variety of killing types, a good 7/10 so far

NO QTE so far & i hate QTE

HRL

HRL

Soldato
so played around an hour of it?

so far story is great, comedy is great, Graphics on ultra with ray tracing 100FPS on 3090 at 4K :D Combat is not amazing BUT its very bulletstormy points for variety of killing types, a good 7/10 so far

NO QTE so far & i hate QTE

It is quite a good looker, IMO. Not using DLSS either, which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom