*** Guardians of Galaxy ***

Soldato
Just finished this, and man what a game it was! All bells n whistles turned to max running at 100ish FPS, this had to be the prettiest game I've ever played. Good story and funcombat too... what a gamepass gem this was!

Rando Images
LxUxHms.jpg
4xsjv5X.jpg
Xo72JkX.jpg
tcwfxKs.jpg
U5J3nDu.jpg

Soldato
Just finished this, and man what a game it was! All bells n whistles turned to max running at 100ish FPS, this had to be the prettiest game I've ever played. Good story and funcombat too... what a gamepass gem this was!

Rando Images

Absolutely loved the moment in Pic No 2 :D Complete cheese, but at the same time just fit so well.

Soldato
Weird comparison to make lol

He's got a weird hate boner for the game for some reason. I guess everything is better than Elden Ring If you haven't played it, which he clearly hasn't judging by the comments he's made so far.

I guess Gran Turismo is better than ER too, might as well compare it to that while we're at it. Would be fantastic if made by CDP.

Soldato
He's got a weird hate boner for the game for some reason. I guess everything is better than Elden Ring If you haven't played it, which he clearly hasn't judging by the comments he's made so far.

I played it for about four hours. It was...another soulslike, of which I am tired of after finishing DS1, DS2 and Bloodborne.
I stand by my opinion, don't mind you having different one, but mind you acting like a jerk about it.

Soldato

I guess Gran Turismo is better than ER too, might as well compare it to that while we're at it. Would be fantastic if made by CDP.

Bit like saying Bioshock had a better story than The Witcher 3..... :p

Soldato
Bit like saying Bioshock had a better story than The Witcher 3.....

Nice try, James, good digging:p The difference is, I only gave an example of Bioshock's story and premise being one of those I found more intriguing in comparison to W3's main story arc, which was painfully average compared to very good sidestuff writing. Only that one aspect and nothing else. I didn't compare other mechanics, content etc. nor said Bioshock was objectively a better game than W3 overall AFAIK. And most importantly, I actually finished the two titles, not played one for a few hours and compared the amount of recycled content and the storylines, which cannot be done at that point, to illustrate the overall superiority of a given game.

It's kinda hard to connect the dots between "tired of Soulslike" and recycled content/no emotional story, it isn't even the argument that was put forward in the first place, nor is it an argument by which to judge the quality of a game, that's all.

I'm actually fine with comparing GoG and ER in terns of story if one wishes to do something so unproductive, comparing stories between genres is usually one of the more reasonable things one can compare in such cases so:p

But yeah, wasn't the most fortunate comparison on my part either and I explained myself poorly, so if we really have to dig up stuff from 7 years ago to illustrate how poor the comparison here is then I'm fine with it, I think it's actually beneficial.

Caporegime
Elden Ring is a funny one really.

It took me longer than 4 hours to get really invested in it (30 hours in now) and I can tell it's got the same style of lore and 'plot' to Dark Souls and Blood bourne...really obtuse story telling.

Guardians of the galaxy does have a much more fun and exciting plot/story.

Elden Ring has better gameplay.

Associate
The gamepass version runs terribly, so much frame time stutter.

Is the majority here playing steam versions or something? As the performance is so bad I can't even stick with it.

Soldato
so if we really have to dig up stuff from 7 years ago to illustrate how poor the comparison here is then I'm fine with it, I think it's actually beneficial.
Oh trust me, it was worth it.

:cry:

The gamepass version runs terribly, so much frame time stutter.

Is the majority here playing steam versions or something? As the performance is so bad I can't even stick with it.

Not using a maxwell GPU are you ?

Back
Top Bottom