*** Guardians of Galaxy ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Finally got this installed. Picked up 2 months of gamepass for 62p :D

Got Halo Infinite installed also. Should be easy to finish these of in 2 months.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@Nexus18 what settings did you use on the Alienware monitor for this game? In particular for DLSS and sharpening and also for HDR. The way they guide you to setup HDR is not the best imo.

Caporegime
@Nexus18 what settings did you use on the Alienware monitor for this game? In particular for DLSS and sharpening and also for HDR. The way they guide you to setup HDR is not the best imo.
Dlss quality and sharpening 0 (I never use sharpening with dlss)

Hdr 1000 and don't recall of adjusting the in game settings.

Edit

Also turn off dof as it causes weird artifacts on edges in cinematic scenes.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Dlss quality and sharpening 0 (I never use sharpening with dlss)

Hdr 1000 and don't recall of adjusting the in game settings.

Edit

Also turn off dof as it causes weird artifacts on edges in cinematic scenes.
I always turn of dof and motion blur in games. First thing I do. Lol.

Yea my monitor is on HDR 1000. Not touched that since setting it up. One funny thing that did happen however is Windows changed me from 144hz to 60hz and it took me a while to notice as I am used to 60hz anyway. I just stick to 144hz in games. Only one in game I have at 175hz CSS GO, not that I play that often, just with friends and family now and then.

Soldato
I'm sure most played with a controller, but I went through with Kb/M and it was totally fine.

The game was a nice change of pace after Elden Ring, but I was getting quite jaded on the repetitive combat and spongey enemies a bit by the end. It captured the GoG feel very well, though and I definitely enjoyed it overall.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah. I feel like this is one of those games that may work better with a controller. Got it all setup together with Halo Infinite. Might actually play Halo first though as already done the first stage of that. It is only an 8 hour or so story mode anyway as I hear so will probably bang it out by Friday :cry:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ok, so done about 4 chapters and I think I am done. Hard to put my finger on it, but maybe it is a lack of sense of progression. I just find the gameplay itself to be too shallow for my liking unfortunately and just got a bit bored.

Nice story, nice graphics and if I had more time on my hands I certainly would complete it, but I don’t and I just feel like I could be playing something else I would get more fun out of.

After 4 chapters I get the idea anyways, it would just be more of the same.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Figured I would try this since signed back up to gamepass for £1.

Game looks/runs very well 3440x1440 144Hz, RTX and everything all max. As expected though DLSS quality offers massive frame boost but DLSS off with RTX is stil good benchmarking at 74/14/95 avg/min/max whilst with DLSS it is 113/82/145 avg/min/max. Game looks great with HDR on and set to 1000 nits. Very punchy vibrant colours.

I had to set the mouse x and y sensitivity in game to around 80 though from the default 10. I have no acceleration turned on for the MX Master 3 in any game or Logitech software as prefer the smooth natural input of the default dpi.

Gameplay as previously suspected is rather repetitive/boring but the dialogue between them all is fun just like the movie. I'm just playing through for that alone really and actually don't have much care for the levelling up and collecting stuff bits as they don't really stand out. The visuals are nice too but other than that, it's not something I would have liked to have paid more than £20 for really if even that.

Soldato
Just got round to playing this and enjoying it so far. One question though, I'm playing with keyboard/mouse but the tutorials only show buttons for controller use? Is there a setting to change it? Don't want to use controller though, thumbs not good at my age!

Soldato
Started this game a few weeks ago. I think I am on Chapter 3 or something like that. Visually it's stunning. The voice acting is very good, it's got the GOTG vibe going and the dialogue can be pretty funny at times. But maybe there is too much of a good thing as it's becoming repetitive even at this early stage of the game. Most of the dialogue options are completely meaningless, don't even know why they they have options there. I hate QTE's, but thankfully they can be turned off. The real slow animation to bend down when going under low objects is super annoying.

How about the actually gameplay? It sucks. Combat is terrible. I can't describe it, but there is no tactile feedback at all. It doesn't feel like you are shooting anything. I am getting no satisfaction after clearing a room full of enemies, just relief that the stupid fight is over. And in group fights, your team mates just stand around doing nothing until you direct them to do something. And who thought the Huddle was a good idea? Oh, yeah, the enemies are all the same. Sure they look a little different, but they are all bullet sponges.

It's all very linear too with just the odd branch off for materials or secrets. Which is fine I guess. The small bit of fighting and walking is something to break up all the cut scenes. And while you are walking there is constant talking between all the characters. You can find objects that you can bring to your ship and guess what? You can talk about the object with whichever character it has special significance for.

I won't be finishing the game. Is "game" even the right word? If I wanted to watch 6/7 hours of Guardians of the Galaxy I would just watch the movies. Because so much of this "game" is standing around listening to dialogue or watching cutscenes. I want to play games not stand around and watch them.

Back
Top Bottom