Guidance needed for new monitor

Associate
Hi guys,

I am looking for a new 24-inch monitor (I might be able to fit a 27", but depends on the size), and I am completely lost with what to buy.

Let me share with you my setup: a desk shared between two people. Two gaming laptops, one with 980M and the other one with a 970M. Neither of those have a DisplayPort directly wired into them, so unfortunately I am not capable of going beyond 60 Hz. No plans to change the laptops, as they are still quite high end. So GSync seems discarded as I won't be able to take advantage of it.

The monitor will be mainly used for gaming (nothing serious, FPS in a casual way) + some content creation, Photoshop and video editing.

So, it looks like I am looking for a good balance of color reproduction and little input lag. Resolution-wise, unsure if 4K is worth it, that is something to decide, too. Maybe okay for content creation. Gaming at 1080p high/ultra is still easy with my gear, so I can always scale or adjust quality.

Then, I am thinking about an IPS panel, but at the same time unsure if they are fast enough for gaming.

Overall, I am not sure then what to get. I need some guideance, so any advise would be fantastic.

Budget is up to £300-350. Not necessarily need to spend all of it :)!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom