Guitar Hero 2 or 3

Permabanned
Convince me that it's worth shelling out £65.

Should I start with 2 or get 3 straight away? Is the multiplayer worth it? Wondering if I could rope the gf in to play also.

Last edited:
Soldato
It asll depends on what downloadable content is on the horizon for GH3.

As it stands, if you took all three games, took the best tunes from them all and made one set list, you would never buy another rhythm action game again.

GH 2 and 3 all have their share of stinkers and great tunes.

Soldato
I like BF2 do you recomend I go to Iraq:o
How is that remotely the same? You could get killed, or have to kill someone, in Iraq :o

The only difference between Guitar Hero and playing a guitar is that playing a guitar requires effort, and you actually learn the song rather than mashing buttons in order. Not to mention you can multiplayer on guitars. :cool:

Besides, if you weren't such a miserable git you would've noticed my ;) smiley. I was joking, but now realise it was a good point anyway and that a £50 guitar and amp set is the better option. :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
If i bought a guitar and amp, i'd feel like I had to go the whole hog, at least the max Guitar Hero could cost would be £65.

That, and learning to play Guitar is probably a bigger commitment.

Soldato
How is that remotely the same? You could get killed, or have to kill someone, in Iraq :o

The only difference between Guitar Hero and playing a guitar is that playing a guitar requires effort, and you actually learn the song rather than mashing buttons in order. Not to mention you can multiplayer on guitars. :cool:

Besides, if you weren't such a miserable git you would've noticed my ;) smiley. I was joking, but now realise it was a good point anyway and that a £50 guitar and amp set is the better option. :p

You made a direct comaprison between playing a gutiar and playing guitar hero. Hence the BF2 reference. Did you even bother to sudgest which Gh to go for?

Well its Tuesday to far away from Friday so don't except me to be haapy;)

Soldato
You made a direct comaprison between playing a gutiar and playing guitar hero. Hence the BF2 reference.
Playing a musical rythm game is closer to playing a guitar than playing Battlefield 2 is to fighting a war.

Did you even bother to sudgest which Gh to go for?
No, did you? Seems not. :rolleyes: :p

Well its Tuesday to far away from Friday so don't except me to be haapy;)
Understandable, but you need to learn to scan for emoticons and lighten up a bit. :p :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I did say to look at the songs, its what makes or breaks liking GH.

Its just i do not understand why people automaticly asume that you want to play real gutiar.

I ve played GH from the start and i am no further to wanting to learn how to play guitar.

In the future i'll be more light hearted, so will leave it at that

Soldato
Hmm seems strange to be in the console thread as i think this was put in pc section as gh3 is for pc as well now. And the OP might have wanted to know if to get it for pc or not?

Permabanned

I play the guitar, and I also enjoy playing Guitar Hero. Why?

playing a guitar requires effort

Think of it as the difference between arcade and simulation modes on Gran Turismo.

Back
Top Bottom