Gun cabinet/safe

Soldato
Remember to fit it properly too - my past two places have 'required' it be affixed to at least two solid surfaces (concrete, brick etc.) using appropriate fixtures, but worth checking with your FELO.

Had to rent an SDS for the concrete as my hammer drill couldn't hack it.

Soldato
OP
If you have a maximum weight limit of 50kg then sticking 7 guns in a safe that is already 48kg might be an issue :p
More expensive, but lighter:
https://www.safe.co.uk/products/6-7-gun-vault.html

Seven guns is quite a lot really, so if you don't need one that big I wouldn't bother.

Sorry. Meant to say about 50kg empty, we will need to shift it up a lift hatch. Once it's up there it's fine.

Remember to fit it properly too - my past two places have 'required' it be affixed to at least two solid surfaces (concrete, brick etc.) using appropriate fixtures, but worth checking with your FELO.

Had to rent an SDS for the concrete as my hammer drill couldn't hack it.

Yup, going to attach it to the gable end, already got a small safe up there.

Soldato
Half a dozen 10mm concrete anchors and you’ll be good.

What temperature variation do you get in your loft and is there any damp?

I hid my gun safe inside a wardrobe - bolted through the back of it into a foot thick outer wall in one house and in the under stairs cupboard bolted to another structural wall in our London house.

Bog standard 4 shotgun Plod approved gun safe. Make sure the safe is tall enough for 32” barrelled guns if your going to shoot trap disciplines.

Soldato
OP
What temperature variation do you get in your loft and is there any damp?

Yea it gets fairly cold in the winter, I'm just st going to put a low watt tube heater and a ton of silica gel in there keep them oiled etc. I live in a stud wall house so there is not really another option that the Mrs won't moan like **** about.

Soldato
Yea it gets fairly cold in the winter, I'm just st going to put a low watt tube heater and a ton of silica gel in there keep them oiled etc. I live in a stud wall house so there is not really another option that the Mrs won't moan like **** about.

Put a small foam pad in the bottom of the safe and place your shotguns muzzle down if you’re going to leave them extra oily to stop the excess oil from running through the action into the wood of the stock.

Soldato
OP
Put a small foam pad in the bottom of the safe and place your shotguns muzzle down if you’re going to leave them extra oily to stop the excess oil from running through the action into the wood of the stock.

Ok thanks. Actually going to store rifles subject to getting a certificate, not shotguns, as just become full member of a rifle range after a VERY long probation due to covid.

Can't wait to get all setup, some of the club guns are pretty ropey.

Back
Top Bottom