Guns n Roses hall of fame daily mail fail

Soldato
I know, I was merely suggesting that over 100 million people mit have a different opinion. :p

I'm not a massive fan myself but I do think it's fair they're inducted into this most pretentious of lists.

Associate
I can actually see Axl's point, I know if I did not get on with my old band mates then I would not show up just to show face. I would do the same as him and say I want nothing to do with it.

I loved Guns n' Roses when I was a wee kid but quickly grew out of it so I can understand the fan base. It's just not my cup of tea and to say that there is not a rock band going that doesn't owe something to Appetite is going a little over the top.

The only “rock” bands I can hear any influence from Gun’s n’ Roses at all are pretty rubbish bands to be honest.

Soldato
I know. :( He's just moved on from that period of his life now and probably thinks it'd feel awkward attending.

Yeah I guess I can understand that...

Branching slightly off-topic for a split second...

Do you happen to know when his next solo album is going to be released?

Caporegime
Yeah I guess I can understand that...

Branching slightly off-topic for a split second...

Do you happen to know when his next solo album is going to be released?

I was hoping for one this year, as Share Watson (Truth Hurts) said she was working with him on a few songs for his new album out later this year, but has since gone back on those comments and now states she doesn't know what the songs will be used for or when they'll be released.

He seems to be at a point where he is against anything that ends up as a 'product' so unfortunately no one really knows apart from him. The Mars Volta's latest album is the first one that he has declined to work on because of this. However, according to their singer, John's recorded around 400 songs since his last album though, but doubts they'll be released any time soon:

InvisibleMovement said:
Q:I wanted to ask you about John Frusciante, with whom you colaborated a lot. What is he doing? Is he going to put out a new album?

A:Well, no. John has been in his own trip this last years. He's recording a big amount of music, electronic music, he's already got 400 songs. He does it for the love of the process, not for putting records out or playing live. Although I guess he'll want to share it in some point of time. It's beautiful and very inspirational. I like that kind of mentality. I do a lot of records I don't release, but that's not the point or the goal, the point is the process itself.

InvisibleMovement said:
Q: You’ve definitely recorded some great material together on each other’s albums and other projects; is there any chance that might happen again?

A: Maybe in the future, but John’s in a different place right now. He’s in a place where he couldn’t care less about putting things out or about something being a product. He’s living by different standards right now with a different philosophy, so he doesn’t want to be a part of anything that he knows is going to end up being a product. A Mars Volta record definitely ends up being a product.

So, looks like a bit of waiting. :(

Soldato
RARHOF is a joke anyway, look at the bands they have ignored and the **** they have inducted.

Why not just induct Slash, screw Guns N' Roses

Totally agree - Both posts :)

I was hoping for one this year, as Share Watson (Truth Hurts) said she was working with him on a few songs for his new album out later this year, but has since gone back on those comments and now states she doesn't know what the songs will be used for or when they'll be released.

He seems to be at a point where he is against anything that ends up as a 'product' so unfortunately no one really knows apart from him. The Mars Volta's latest album is the first one that he has declined to work on because of this. However, according to their singer, John's recorded around 400 songs since his last album though, but doubts they'll be released any time soon:

So, looks like a bit of waiting. :(

Ahh that's a shame :( Unfortunately, he'll have to understand anything he shares from now on will be a "product". Still hoping to hear something before the end of this year :)

Caporegime
Ugh, why do people have to make life so difficult for themselves and other people. The lineup which made all of the classics certainly deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, I have no idea why Axl can't just get over himself and stop creating drama where there doesn't need to be any. If he doesn't want to attend the ceremony then he didn't even have to, but to say he doesn't give them permission to induct him at all probably ruins it for many loyal fans.

And by the way Axl, the "new" albums have all been ****.

Permabanned
???

Since when were the Beastie Boys classified as rock ?

Its the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame.......since when has GnR been Rock and Roll????

Axl Rose may be a total jerkoff, but then so a lot of Front-men, especially in Rock Bands. It is almost required.

And if he doesn't want to be inducted, then he doesn't want to be inducted....and Axl and Slash have been at each others throats for years, the negotiations to bury their differences failed, that is all.

Besides do any of them really care about being inducted, is it not about the music rather than the recognition?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom