• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Guru3D - Metro Exodus PC Performance Review

Caporegime
OP
@LoadsaMoney :p

XBF7JkumHD8

Good to see 11 doing so well :D

Soldato
So how's this looking for those with proper (RTX :D) cards? user experiences please not opinions by non-owners :p. Performance alright?
Kind of reluctant to buy it if it's like the first one but if it plays okay and works with with RT might stump on the cash instead of waiting a while.

Last edited:
Soldato
In the breakdown I saw some scenes with RTX on were too dark for my taste, but other scenes were improved. Swings and roundabouts.
Correct, the true effect of RT Global Illumination has been scaled down to increase performance. Thus, areas of a room/map that are (incorrectly) illuminated with traditional methods are simply dark (not illuminated enough) when RT GI is used.

If RT GI was made a bit more powerful and allowed to "stretch it's legs" and illuminate/reflect illumination to those dark areas as it suppose to do (at a guess) frame rates would be be as lows as in the teens.

Soldato
The difference between RTX On/Off is very small, certainly not worth buying a 20 over a 10 serious. Imagine, I sold my GTX1080Ti and spend an extra 600 quid on an RTX2080Ti doe dynamic light and reflections.

Soldato
In its current state it may not look the best. But you are massively underplaying how DLSS works with such statements you have previously used in this thread. Kitguru has quite a good short article on it. Unless you want to keep saying it is a lower resolution image up scaled without the rest of what happens.
Here is a video that explains it a bit more.

What is interesting to note (starting at 1:25 of the video) is it's implementation restrictions for DLSS. For example, in BFV and Metro one cannot use DLSS with RTX On if you have a 2080/2080TI at a resolution at 1080p. I didn't know that. You can read more about it here:
https://www.techpowerup.com/252550/nvidia-dlss-and-its-surprising-resolution-limitations

In other words: if the frame rate is too high, the tensor cores can't keep up

Link below shows why people believe that DLSS blurs images:
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Metro_Exodus/5.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Of course not. But I can't imagine anyone bought a 20 series card just for the sake of RTX.

I can, Nvidia sold their press conference that RTX just Works! This false information led people in believing that RTX will be fast and easy to add into games. But this is far from the real truth RTX needs a lot of dev time to add into games.

They also sold DLSS has something massive Deep Learning AI, recreate a 4K image without losing quality while gaining performance.

Perfect

Rewind couple weeks ago even I was excited to see RTX features, has time goes on I see its just more fail..

Back
Top Bottom