Gutted Printer wont Work with Vista 64bit

Associate
I should have known better than to expect Lexmark to provide printer drivers for a P6250 for Vista 64bit (or 32bit come to mention it).
These multi-million £ companies are taking the xxxx

I did check prior to buying 64bit but I would have thought there may be some drivers in the pipeline.

Anyone got any ideas?????????

Soldato
If there are no drivers included in Vista and no drivers in the pipeline, then as far as I can see you've got two options:

1. Use a built-in driver for a different model, but close in model number.
So if the model was 1234, see if there is an included driver for a 1233 for example.

2. Buy a new printer that definitely has Vista drivers (check website or your current Vista installation).

Those really are your only options - unless you want to try and write some yourself if you're a coder.

Associate
OP
stoofa said:
1. Use a built-in driver for a different model, but close in model number.
So if the model was 1234, see if there is an included driver for a 1233 for example.

Are you saying use a similar driver from Lexmark or a similar driver from within Vista.

Sel

Sel

Associate
I know the feeling I had to throw away a perfectly good scanner because that was nolonger supported by the bios on my new Motherboard.

TC1

TC1

Permabanned
I had the same issue with my Brother printer / Vista. What i did was choose a different Brother model in Vista and it works fine now.

Caporegime
I have can't find drivers for my Canon either (LBP-810). It's not just Lexmark that don't provide drivers, I have to go into xp just to print. :rolleyes:

Commissario
Remember Vista has only been out for a few weeks, and there is a hell of a lot of hardware that will need drivers for it that will need testing before they are released :(
Chances are if it's a relatively recent printer (still available etc) or there are newer models based on the same basic design (often changes are largely cosmetic/marketting related) it will get a driver eventually.
Unfortunately that doesn't help at the moment :(

Back
Top Bottom