Guys guide to online dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was actually talking with my LTR about this the other day, she works with a lot of women in their late twenties early thirties and so many of them are single. I feel sorry for millennial women to be honest. Third wave of feminism and social media have sabotaged their chances for happiness. They've been fed lies all their lives ending up believing that they can have it all. Tons of sex in college, chasing their career until their thirties and when they are ready to settle a handsome rich man will be there waiting for them. Only to end up alone, childless and miserable. Add to that social media and you have a disaster. The average girl used to appreciate a guy saying hi and now they enjoy attention and validation through social media that only movie stars did in the past. How can such things not make you delusional? Studies show women are the least happy they've ever been, anti-depressants prescriptions through the roof and the number of women married plummeting. Don't even get me started on single mothers. The sad thing is it'll only get worse so expect a lot of talk about a bachelor tax imposed on single males in the future.

Soldato
I was actually talking with my LTR about this the other day, she works with a lot of women in their late twenties early thirties and so many of them are single. I feel sorry for millennial women to be honest. Third wave of feminism and social media have sabotaged their chances for happiness. They've been fed lies all their lives ending up believing that they can have it all. Tons of sex in college, chasing their career until their thirties and when they are ready to settle a handsome rich man will be there waiting for them. Only to end up alone, childless and miserable. Add to that social media and you have a disaster. The average girl used to appreciate a guy saying hi and now they enjoy attention and validation through social media that only movie stars did in the past. How can such things not make you delusional? Studies show women are the least happy they've ever been, anti-depressants prescriptions through the roof and the number of women married plummeting. Don't even get me started on single mothers. The sad thing is it'll only get worse so expect a lot of talk about a bachelor tax imposed on single males in the future.

I agree.

I haven't got a problem with women having a career but I have a problem with the same women in their 30s saying "Where have all the good guys gone! There are no decent guys around!!"

What was they doing 10 to 15 years before that!?!? Chasing after players and throwing the decent guys in the friendzone.

Soldato
Interestingly, Facebook dating is out in the US. Could be horrendous, or could be worthwhile as there'll be less likelihood of fakes, and the huge amount of data they have on their users should throw up some interesting matches. The secret crush/admirer feature sounds interesting. I'm sure we've all got a few FB friends we wouldn't mind...well you know ;)

Caporegime
Surely the best advice is to just be yourself? Unless doing so will freak everyone out within a 2 mile radius!
That's the most generic and crap advice ever, even from well-meaning people. It normally goes like this:

"Be yourself."

Proceeds to be myself.

"No! That's awful! Do it like this..."

Describes something that is not like myself but more likely to work.

Soldato
That's the most generic and crap advice ever, even from well-meaning people. It normally goes like this:

"Be yourself."

Proceeds to be myself.

"No! That's awful! Do it like this..."

Describes something that is not like myself but more likely to work.

Ignore them. You can't live a lie forever anyway.

No trolling, I gave up pretending to be something. Took a few years but met someone who is genuinely happy with my awful self.

Seriously, there's someone for everyone, you've just got to keep looking and be 100% honest on the old online dating profiles

Soldato
Surely the best advice is to just be yourself? Unless doing so will freak everyone out within a 2 mile radius!

No, that's the worse advice. Women always say that to the "nice guy" and they are never attracted to them.

My advice, be confident, have goals, be on your purpose in life and work towards them.

And most importantly, LOOK AFTER YOUR HEALTH!! To many scruffy guys out their looking like Big Issue sellers and wonder why they struggle in the dating world.

If you are on the chubby side, eat well, excerise, cut down on drinking, stop smoking. Be well groomed, well dressed.

If all of the above sounds like too much hard work (when it's not, it's basic health and hygiene) then don't bother. You can sit there, grow old and die alone.

If you present yourself as an highly man then you will attract high quality women. Not the women who only go after that bearded guy with his faded tribal tattoos.

Last edited:
Associate
What if that is being your self? you can be on a path of self improvement and still act like your self.

You dont try to act confident etc you just get to a point where you are confident. I generally agree though. When you're single you spend time working on you're self and if you want a gf you'll probably just end up with one.

I don't believe in putting on an act at all. I think that comes off as very insecure and like others have said you can't live a lie forever.

Be your self is one of the best pieces of advice it's just that there's more that should come with it.

Soldato
No, that's the worse advice. Women always say that to the "nice guy" and they are never attracted to them.

My advice, be confident, have goals, be on your purpose in life and work towards them.

And most importantly, LOOK AFTER YOUR HEALTH!! To many scruffy guys out their looking like Big Issue sellers and wonder why they struggle in the dating world.

If you are on the chubby side, eat well, excerise, cut down on drinking, stop smoking. Be well groomed, well dressed.

If all of the above sounds like too much hard work (when it's not, it's basic health and hygiene) then don't bother. You can sit there, grow old and die alone.

If you present yourself as an highly man then you will attract high quality women. Not the women who only go after that bearded guy with his faded tribal tattoos.

Hahahahaha, clearly trolling!!!

Soldato

Solid advice, succinct and well worded.

Soldato

Some good points here.Put a new spin on it for me that I had not previously considered.

Associate
Online dating is useless the amount that girls get messages by guys is ten fold compared to guys.

Best way to meet a girl would be down the local club on a Friday or Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom