1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW Factions

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by paul8811, 3 May 2006.

1. paul8811

Wise Guy

Installed this last night (already have the first GW) but whenever I go into a new area it takes anything from 10-20 minutes of loading & decompressing. Anyone heard of this problem as its kinda ruins the game?

2. El_Watcher

Mobster

I'm guessing it's because it's new it is downloading all the updated and new content. Once it's downloaded once, it shoudn't do it again unless some content changes.

3. paul8811

Wise Guy

Surely all the new data is on the 2cd's that you install, the first GW never did this.

4. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

The first GW always did this ;)

Whenever they added new bits its gotta grab em.

5. chimaera

Mobster

It sounds like the factions content hasn't been transferred over, are you sure it performed a full install rather than just adding the new CD key to your account.

6. paul8811

Wise Guy

The install seemed to go fine, asked for both disks. I am sure something aint right as taking 20 minutes to decompress is taking the Michael & making the game unplayable.

Edit - Found a long thread on the problem http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142668

Last edited: 3 May 2006