• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[H]ardOCP: GeForce Partner Program Impacts Consumer Choice

Caporegime
Associate
NVidia does something dodgy and people are surprised? Why do they even need to do this, they dominate the market as it is and should be happy to watch AMD struggle to compete.

This story will evolve very quickly as more sites pick up on it and the regulators take an interest in what it means for consumers.

Soldato
Nvidia being Nvidia, although this seems to be reaching a new low for them. Good job really makes we want a DGPU even less ;)

My lil AMD APU looks better and better by the day, cheap and I get the moral high ground xD

How long before the Nvidia defense squad assemble, autobots assemble !!

Associate
HA!.....for years now I have refused to buy NVidia because of all their anticompetitive craaaaaap....pack of mongrel b@stards is that company! :mad:

Associate
No surprise. None in this industry has a closet clear of old skeletons. There are no angels in this type of business. You can choose between the plauge and cholera, and it's up to one self which one is the lesser evil.

Associate
Dear god, what were Nvidia management smoking then they came up with this? Surely they would know the backlash they would recieve, even thought the intel/amd shenanigans are years old now its still in folks minds and a return to those kind of activities will result in a loss of image for the company.
Its also a gamble because neither AMD nor intel are likely to be too impressed with this and fight back - and Nvidia does not need to see more Radion products go into Intel spaces further reducing there overall market share.

Assuming this is legit, which it may not be all that. I bet there will be a new vid from everyones fav youtube flamer on this coming soon.

Soldato
So if I'm reading it right, if you want to be a part of the GPP you are not allowed to make cards with AMD/Intel GPUs you have to be Nvidia exclusive, and if you're not part of the GPP your ability to produce/sell Nvidia based cards will be hamstrung?

That's super sketchy, but on a positive side maybe it will backfire on them and result in some companies that produced both Nvidia/AMD based cards having enough and ceasing Nvidia production like XFX did...

Soldato
You know full well it was AMD that leaked the spectre information before the embargo lifted as well, that doesn't take a genius to workout. If only they'd just focus on what they're doing and not their competitors, we wouldn't be stuck with subpar GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom