H115i - Can I not have a middle setting for pump mode dammit?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I recently installed Corsair Link after realising I can control the fans on the AIO with a custom curve for even lower noise levels so now all my fans inside the case are in the 600rpm range 24/7 unless there's heavy load etc.

WIoh1XI.png

Anyway, during the quiet running even during normal use all I hear is a whisper of air and the faing drone of the H115i pump running in quiet mode. If I set it to Performance mode then the low drone goes away and is replaced by a higher pitched drone. I would like to be able to set a fixed pump speed or have a middle option but there does not appear to be any unless I am missing something?

Never thought I'd say this but the case fans are so quiet I can hear the AIO pump in its quiet setting. It's obviously to do with sound wave frequency, just being able to adjust the pump speed slightly would result in removing the drone as it would then emit at a frequency that my ears won't be able to notice.

ANyone have any idea or am I just going to have to live with it or replace the AIO with something else?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
I have not, thoughts the H115i was before the icue's support so never really tried it. Looks like a big piece of software though with all the RGB stuff I have no interest for, I only want pump/fan control?

Soldato
I have my H100i Plat on quiet all the time. Isn't silent but hardly noisy, the frankly rubbish ML120 fans take care of that. This is my first, and probably last AIO... While the thermal mass is nice to have, nothing beats a big tower cooler with a low rpm fan

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Actually I don't think you can have a curve in IQUE either for the pump, just for the fans.

Ah that's a shame, ah well I will skip that!

I have my H100i Plat on quiet all the time. Isn't silent but hardly noisy, the frankly rubbish ML120 fans take care of that. This is my first, and probably last AIO... While the thermal mass is nice to have, nothing beats a big tower cooler with a low rpm fan

Oh I replaced every single fan in the case inc the Corsiar ML fans with Arctic P14 PWM PST and they are genuinely quiet hence this thread really as I am hearing the pump over all 5 fans lol.

Is a tower cooler really that much better than AIO? It's been like 10 years since I had a tower cooler on my system so no idea on where the technology in standalone heatsinks has changed since then.

Permabanned
I am amazed you still use Link! Probably a good plan considering how many issues they have with iCEU! And iCEU doesn't support curves for the pump. It does for the fans.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah for me Cue looks a bit bloated tbh, I have no interest in all the other RGB guff it has!

If I changed cooler to another AIO then is there a brand that does have a proper curve control for the pump as well as fans?

Alternatively I have no issue going back to an air cooler so am open to suggestions on what might be a comparable air cooler also.

I also note that the Mini USB socket on the CPU block itself of the H115i is a bit dodgy, just wiggling it when plugged in results in Windows detecting a device disconnection until I wiggle it again. I literally have never touched it since day 1 install but was wondering why Link was not detecting it one day and investigated.

Associate
Is it plugged into a "dedicated" Pump/aio header on your mobo?
If so you may have an option in your mobo's bios to configure the pump % and leave it

Associate
that's a bummer. I know Nzxt Kraken X series can be controlled by it's own software, the only thing that plugs into the mobo are the fans, but you will have to you NZXT's Cam software

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Aye true, I think I will just put up with it I guess, it's not a major issue and it is still quiet, it's just it would have been nice to be 100% quiet :D

I guess I will sit it out until I upgrade mobo, CPU and RAM next year.

Back
Top Bottom