H150i PRO RGB 360mm 6 fan setup.

Associate
So i have on pre-order the Obsidian 500d RGB case and am intending possibly to build in the H150i pro AIO ( or the new ROG one if it ever appears )As the case comes with 3 RGB fans built in the front i was thinking of using these and also the radiators existing fans on the other side of the rad? - mainly because these will be spare as i have other ll120's for the top and rear.

Questions are:

As this is now a rad with a fan either side will there be any issues? noise etc?

Will the fans need to run at the same speed to cause less resistance or turbulence.

Not sure on this whole static pressure thing but these will be different fan types either side so any issues there?

Thanks, any advice welcomed.

Soldato
If they're different fan types then matching speed won't match pressure or air flow. I'd say it's best to try and match fans but you might find it works fine.

You will have more fans which could be noisier, but they also may be able to spin slower / work less hard, so could end up quieter. How thick is the rad?

Thick rads or ones with high fin density benefit from push/pull setups as they need higher static pressure to perform well.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.

The rad is 27mm thick according to corsair's site.

And the fan specs are:

Rad fans:

1600 rpm

47.3 cfm air flow

Fan static pressure 1.78 mm-H2O

vs LL120 RGB fans:

600-1500 rpm

43.25 cfm air flow

Fan Static Pressure 1.61 mm-H2O
Ripped straight from corsairs site of course. Im guessing the both sets of fans would have to run at the same speed to keep the noise down? or am i dreaming there..

Thanks again.

Soldato
Honestly.. Forget about that cooler, unless you are going for a full on Corsair/RGB Build. I found that even with better fans (The Maglev ones that are supplied seem to be the standard ones rather than the performance ones) do not like high heat output cpus. I find the Fractal Celsius S36 is the better 360AIO.

Last edited:
Soldato
£100 for Eisbaer 360 LT that is actaully an AIO and not CLC

handled the 8700k at 5ghz better then the corsair did, also cheap enough you dont mind ditching the fans to buy corsair RGB ones whilst running the PUMP 100% 24/7 and silence

Soldato
You need in a push pull setup 2 things. Identicle fans and identicle speed.

Otherwise yes you can get unusual noise as they can start to warble and vibrate a bit. Not to mention potential performance issues.

All down to preference. I have the H150i pro until I eventually design and build another custom loop and it has surprised me a fair bit.

i9 7920x @ 4.9ghz (delidded) 80-85c under prime95.

Soldato
Looks like I mixed two threads up, there was talk of squishing two 15mm fans on a super slim radiator for cramped cases.

For standard thickness rads I'd agree that push/pull is only useful for very dense fins i.e. where the rad was designed for it.

Back
Top Bottom