Had Germany won WWII what would the UK be like?

Soldato
I appreciate what our armed forces did for us by securing our freedom and the freedom of the World, especially Europe from Nazi rule.

Now lets say Operation Sea Lion went ahead as planned and Operation Barbarossa was put on hold.

First and foremost the Royal Navy would have to be defeated as being seen as the biggest obstacle. The RAF would follow then the ground troops will have no support providing an easy capture of the UK.

After many years of rebel separatists and anarchy Nazi's have managed to secure peace in Occupied Europe and UK. The new Nazi Superpower have secured a deal with the USA asking them not to intervene, in return of a promise that they will not invade.

By this time, I’d imagine Hitler is dead from a gunshot wound from a rebel within his party.

I imagine, and this is not a joke, the UKs transport infrastructure would be in a better state than it is now. The Germans are known for their engineering. A Maglev route from London, through Paris terminating at Berlin perhaps? The M1 may have been the UKs autobahn.
I imagine the monarchy would have been abolished and Ireland and Iceland taken over too.
At the same time I reckon we'd be a police state under strict curfew of 8 O Clock in homes.
Small pockets of Jews and Gypsies would have existed and main population forgotten.
Crime would be low due to the fear of execution and propaganda would be at a all time high.
The North Sea would have been used to provide oil for this new power.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Associate
From what i remember from reading, Hitler was gravely ill anyway by the end of WWII and being the driving force once he went i think the whole thing would have crumbled down pretty quickly.

Caporegime
A lot lot worse!

30t6pmc.jpg

Soldato
I think, had Hitler's Eugenics policy been put into practise, we would be far better off, because only the 'superior' humans would be around. This would surely lead to faster evolution, and thus a better technological position.

Associate
i think we would still be an sovereign (sp). Still probably have parts of the British empire given to us by Germany in a form of a treaty or something. Would almost certainly be finicially better off imo. I'm glad we won, but i think we should have got a better bargain out of it then we did. I mean we won the war why not take a few of those austra-hungarian coutnries and hold them to ransom so we didn't end up in such a big debt.

Soldato
We'd all wear Lederhosen and drink beer from Beersteins.

I think it's a fascinating area to speculate on, especially how much of our culture would have been lost.

Soldato
US would have nuked europe repeatedly in an attempt to liberate europe? I'd imagine Germany would be wiped off the map.

Man of Honour
I think if Sealion had gone ahead as planned and was successful then the US would have been isolated. I can't imagine how things would have worked out for us though. Imagine all that ethnic cleansing - all those people experimented on and eventually put to death or merged into working parties and sent to eastern europe. I'd pretty much expect we would still be at war today. Except there would be millions of people less.

Back
Top Bottom