Had some sad news today.

Soldato
RIP.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends. :(

Replied to a number of these types of threads over the past few months in the same manner, on various forums.

As Freefaller already mentioned, being a long time biker myself, biking can be exhilarating and rewarding in a way that many cannot imagine, yet it can also quickly and cruely take away those very feelings in a split second, forever.

To all other bikers reading this on these forums.......stay safe fellas.

Maybe Tommy will be up there just now, trading stories with Sheene and Joey at the pearly gates. :)

Soldato
Only just got into to biking personally, know the dangers but nothing like this to bring it to the forefront...

Awesome picture, RIP Tommy and my condolences to his friends and family.

Soldato
RIP :(

Drexel,

Do you guys have the original of that picture? If the meets were a really big thing for him, could be bloody cool if you all clubbed together and got that picture framed for his family...

Just a thought :)

Soldato
Conanius said:
RIP :(

Drexel,

Do you guys have the original of that picture? If the meets were a really big thing for him, could be bloody cool if you all clubbed together and got that picture framed for his family...

Just a thought :)

I think thats a very nice idea, and I would have no problems donating to any cost involved, even though I've never met the fella nor gone to any of the meets.

Associate
RIP unknown dude. You had good taste in bikes, cars, and friends from what I can make out. Shame on you deleted posters. Seriously, shame on you.

Man of Honour
RIP man.

Things like that are one reason I haven't got myself on a bike yet. Something completely unrelated to you can be your downfall.

As said previously, at least he went doing something he loved.

Associate
RIP.

I'm pretty damn close to getting a bike licence myself, its stuff like this thats just putting me off (plus being part of a mtb spill at over 40mph and seeing the consequences). You only live once though...

As has been said- supplying a good copy of that photo (hell, we could possibly have a whip around on here) to his loved ones might be a good idea.

Soldato
RIP.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family. I know people who have lost family members on bikes and most of them said at least they were doing something they enjoyed. Thats the way to look at it IMO.

Soldato
Ah sorry to hear that. I personally think bikes are dangerous and wouldn't ride one; but I know so many people who do and their passion for riding them, be it for speed or to cruise is unmatched

They love what they do and I respect them for it.

And yes that is a great picture. I'll send that to a mate of mine if a larger version turns up.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I think Tommy was in his early-to-mid-20's, too young :(

I only knew him through the meets so I don't know how much family he left, but I am in contact with a close friend of his, and I think the idea of a large framed photo is great.

I'll contact the guy who originally took the pic and see if he still has a large original. It was taken in April last year, that was a great meet.

EDIT: BBC News. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
RIP, Tommy :(

My condolences to his friends and family at this difficult time.

Don't want to sound like a stuck record, but that photo is awesome, if I was the family I would be pleased to have such a photo of him doing something he so obviously loved.

:(

Back
Top Bottom