Had some sad news today.

Soldato
Ive got a friend whos 18 and just got a brand new Suzuki GSXR 1000 and hes already ordered all the mods that will take it over 200bhp.

I mean i am so worried for him without any mods it does 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and 0-100 in 5 seconds and tops out at 190mph+.

I keep warning him hes gotta be so carefull but i dont think he realises.

Soldato
demon8991 said:
Ive got a friend whos 18 and just got a brand new Suzuki GSXR 1000 and hes already ordered all the mods that will take it over 200bhp.

I mean i am so worried for him without any mods it does 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and 0-100 in 5 seconds and tops out at 190mph+.

I keep warning him hes gotta be so carefull but i dont think he realises.

unless he wants to lose his licence it wont be going over 33bhp ;)

Pug

Pug

Soldato
thoughts go out to his family.

As a biker myself (who's spilled a few in his time) its a nerve wracking thing climbing on a bike, but once on the pros massivelyt outweigh the cons - they are simply awesome, raw pieces of engineering brilliance that have had me laughing out loud with exhiliration and fun whilst riding.

I'm sure he'll be missed by family and friends, but like me, i'm sure he had MANY hours of great fun on his bike, thats no consolation i know, but at least he found a hobby - and a group of friends to share it with - which is something some people never really do.

Soldato
demon8991 said:
Put it this way there are ways of getting round it, and he it going ahead with them.

MAD!

i just hope he gets his licence taken away from him, i know its easy to get around but an 18 year old + 1000bhp/tonne isnt wise imo ;)

trojan - no its not legal to remove the limiter at all

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Here's a message from Lee, Tommy's best friend:

Thanks a lot for the kind words.

I dont have proper details on what happened yet, they think his rear tyre blow when he went to pass a car, sent him onto the grass and hit a tree.

He died instantly so at least he didnt suffer, will get back with full details when i get them.

Just bad that one of the best riders I've ever known goes out due to mechanical failure.

I am shaken up still not fully believeing it, as he was my best friend I'd spent years with and as we both drove for a living we would spend atleast 2 hours every day talking. Its' gonna take a lot of getting used to.

I spoke to Lee on the phone earlier and he is pretty cut up, poor bloke :(

Back
Top Bottom