HAF X - Final Build with NZXT cables - Pictures Resized

Agreed with a lot of what has been said, there's no need for multiple threads on the same subject. I'm sure there will be some who would be interested in your build so nothing wrong with posting about it and you are obviously proud of your what you have achieived so credit to you. Personally I prefer reading about what you thought about the case, problems encountered with your build and how you overcame them etc. I guess that is difficult though with a basic (but nonetheless good looking) build.

Mrdbristol has brought up a valid point (that I have mentioned elsewhere I iirc) and that is there really should be a modding/true project log section here. There are some very nice projects going on but a lot get missed by this section being swamped with the more basic stuff (nudge nudge admin?).

Just my thoughts.

i am intervening here

i have got a lot of RTM about this and can clearly see both points.

RedGooner - great system, its always good to see early adopters of a new case. your system is nice and tidy and looks very clean.
multiple threads on the same subject were not really needed. you have a cool case and titled the thread well so all the people looking for that case will land here and see what a great job you did.
please continue to post on the forums as you are most welcome. perhaps include your thoughts on the case and what features you think that are cool and what shortcomings it may have for everyones reference.

mrdbristol - you are an experienced modder and have some truely astounding work in your portfolio. i may be so bold as to say that 'darkwater' was a prominent inspiration for my own TJ07 build. i too get frustrated when newcomers make errors or assumptions, but the reason you [and myself] get the questions via email is because people look up to you and respect you for your knowledge and skill. this forum is a great place to learn and your expertise would be better founded in guidance rather than criticism. we all had to start out somewhere :p

RedGooner please accept my apologies for what seemed like an attack on your build,it was not my intention to single you out.

I have posted elsewhere in the Case Central forum, which vents my thoughts that were wrongly directed at you.

And as RJK has posted, i tend to forget that i have been 'modding' far longer than some people.

Judging by your light hearted responses, you didn't take offence. But an apology from me is in order.

Cheers,

Mark

Exactly what i did, so your point is ?

I understand you have a massive problem with this thread. Yes they shouldn't have posted up several threads, however you aren't a mod, so that is up to us to sort out.

I understand constructive critisicm, everyone has a different opinion or outlook on things.

Now regardless if this is a custom hand crafted built ivory PC or a HAF X with "shop parts" (what parts aren't shop parts?, surely all parts are bought from "shops" of some sort) it is their system they they want to show off. Now I could understand if it looked like Predator's aborted child, but it doesn't.

We allow people to post their work. It may seem like a uninteresting rig to you but their aim isn't to entertain the hardcore of enthusiasts they simply want to show off their hard work.

It isn't bad at all, I have read your comments, just give the guy a break, there is no need for all this negativity.

only 1 downfall i have with this case is my cpu underload temp is slightly higher. but maybe because my old case had a 36mm side fan?

that idle temp is lower than it was in my old case.

Last edited:
36mm Gareth? Doubt that'd make much difference tbh pal. :P I know you meant 360mm really. I really do fancy one, and a 1090T, but then we'd have all the same core components, which would be wierd....

Have taken feedback from this thread..
NZXT Power cable added for DVD R/W
NZXT Fan cables added
PSU Turned 180 degrees...

Red

hafx-003-fin.jpg

RedGooner.....so you know, I appreciate the thread. For those of us not looking to build completely custom setups. Setups using 'out of the box' components can be informative and useful. I'm personally looking at a HAF-X as a case option for myself and seeing one put together with some nice components helps to enforce my reasonings behinds purchasing it....

Lovely setup by the way!

How about RedGooners specific setup though? I'm just curious about the setup as a whole with the dual cards, Corsair cooler and the usual case fans....its similar to what I'm thinking of doing....

Near silent when doing basic tasks, but the GFX 480 fans do get louder when under load.

When a CD / DVD is spinning, thats louder than the fans...

HAF X is the case to go for, this is my cleanest build to date...the NZXT cable's finish it of nicely...

Last edited:
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it was about the HAF X and NZXT cables, hope you don't mind ;) I have an update to my previous HAF X build and HERE (YouTube) with the following changes:

Extra Fans: 3x 60mm Fractal Series for GPU exhaust
1x 140 Noctua front intake above fan controller
3x Red LED strips
Pre-braided fan extension cables
Zalman MFC1 Plus
Removed the DVD-RW and replaced with the Card reader
and have added the PSU cover

dsc01315copy.jpg

dsc01318copy.jpg

dsc01323copy.jpg

dsc01330copy.jpg

dsc01334copy.jpg