Hair wax on a flight?

Soldato
I'm off to Barcelona tomorrow for a weekend away (Lads on tour!) but need to know if I can take hair wax with in my carry on bag.

No I'm not vain enough to need it mid flight but we're not taking suitcases so if I can't take it on with me I'll have to find and buy some out there.

I know deodorant, toothpaste etc is all banned but not sure about hair wax?

Thanks

Caporegime
Depends on size of the container (think it's upto 75ml). Toothpaste/deodorant is fine if it fits into the small plastic bags.

I had a small tub of Fructis wax that was fine.

Man of Honour
What we do in large group when travelling 'light' is to bung all the tewwowist tools together in one suitcase, so things like toothpaste, hair gels, shampoos, sun cream.

Then hope it comes out the other end otherwise it'll not be cheap.

Man of Honour
I was stopped at Southampton airport last year with hair wax and it was placed in a machine that quickly detected it to not contain explosives etc.

The fella then bagged it and I was allowed to carry it as hand luggage.

Soldato
OP
Brilliant, cheers for the replies guys. It's 75ml so I should be okay.

Last time I flew they had to check my 100ml of whiskey wasn't some sort of explosive as well but wasn't sure if you were allowed to take more than one of these 100ml containers through.

Man of Honour
Stick it in a clear plastic bag and remove it from your hand luggage to be placed in a tray into the x-ray scanner separately.

Please don't be one of those people who decides to do it all at the last minute and hold up the entire queue. Have it ready, have your belt off, put your phone, ipod, keys, change or whatever into your bag before you enter the security queue and be ready to walk straight through after plonking it on the belt.

Can you tell what my main gripe about airports is? :p

Soldato
OP
Stick it in a clear plastic bag and remove it from your hand luggage to be placed in a tray into the x-ray scanner separately.

Please don't be one of those people who decides to do it all at the last minute and hold up the entire queue. Have it ready, have your belt off, put your phone, ipod, keys, change or whatever into your bag before you enter the security queue and be ready to walk straight through after plonking it on the belt.

Can you tell what my main gripe about airports is? :p

Yes mum.

Caporegime
When we went to the dam, they toke pretty much all of the toiletries of my mate. For some reason he had his grinder in his toiletry bag, hes a weird chap, with erm stuff still in it and they just put it back in the bag. But no, his gel had to go!

Man of Honour
When we went to the dam, they toke pretty much all of the toiletries of my mate. For some reason he had his grinder in his toiletry bag, hes a weird chap, with erm stuff still in it and they just put it back in the bag. But no, his gel had to go!

they will toke anything in the dam

Back
Top Bottom