Half Life 2 - Episode One

Soldato
I really liked half life 2, so when I saw this at the weekend I thought it'd be worth a buy.

It continues immediately after you finish halflife 2. However I'm well dissapointed. I've completed it aready :mad: . It must have taken around 5 hours, if that. There was nothing to it. Just escape the building then escape the surrounding suburbs.

And at the end it gives an advert for half life 2 - episode 2 which looks a bit more interesting. But still, why the hell didn't they put episode 2's contents in episode one. There were no new weapons, no new enemies. In the whole game there were two 'end of level' baddies and they were exactly the same as in half life 2. Rubbish! In half life 2 you had to fight 3 at once, so one of them is a bit easy!

Seemed like a bit of a con to me.

Man of Honour
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17634280
Plenty of threads about this, I personally think it's a great game, it is only an addon pack of sorts, and follows what all Half-Life addon packs have been like in the past, short, but very sweet. Some people like it, some don't.

Episode Two should be better in value for money terms as It's being released with Team Fortress 2 and Portal. There's some good gameplay vids on Steam for Episode Two.

sid

sid

Soldato
Phil99 said:
I thought it was good, but for the price it was pretty short lived.

£10 = Maybe
£20 = No.

I bought it on steam and it came to about £15ish and that was a fair bit but the gameplay was top class as you would expect really. enjoyed it thoroughly

sid

Man of Honour
nands said:
Anyone know if Valve are going to keep this at full price once Ep 2 is relaeased? Is it going to go cheap?
If it drops in price, will probably be $5 if anything.
They havn't announced any bundles yet, that'll be when they release a release date I reckon.

Hopefully they'll do a bundle where you get Episode One with Episode Two a little cheaper. They will probably add Episode Two to the normal Source Premier and Valve Complete packages, and keep the prices the same, then give a 10% discount if you pre-order.

Soldato
I thought it was short but very sweet. There were some new elements like covering the sand lion holes with cars etc. I loved the zombie bits, but am getting a bit bored of combines. I think they should add a few more weapons, maybe something a bit more realistic like an AK or M4, space type guns dont do it for me.

From the videos ive seen of eppy 2 it looks like they have added some new stuff and also the story looks quite interesting.

nands, your sig is making me want some peetys :(

Soldato
Mark A said:
nands, your sig is making me want some peetys :(

Floral gums, taste like crap but you can't stop eating them! Good colours though - good as in good to look at heavan only knows what they do to your guts!!

Soldato
OP
MeatLoaf said:
Im stuck on HL2 EP1 at the monomet at the bit where you have to shoot a lock off a door and you ewnd up in an underground bit with a load of cards, cant seem to find a way out
SPOILER WARNING.
Dont Read Below!

On to the wall behind you (if you're facing the padlocked gate) is a fenced off section. There is a gun in there. You can get it by using the gravity gun and pulling the object up and through the section of fencing thats pulled away a little. Got gun. Shoot padlock. ;)

Soldato
I wish I could help MeatLoaf but I haven't touched the game since completing it a few months ago, gamefaqs.com is best place to look for info like that.

Anywhoo, the thing that made the game worth it to me was the audio commentary and since it was a short game I felt more like playing through it again in each difficulty setting. I;m glad though that Ep 2 will be longer and come with portal. Can't wait, shame it got delayed :(

Back
Top Bottom