Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Caporegime
Had a quick play yesterday, after not playing an online FPS since PUBG 2.5 years ago. It was quite good fun and seemed to run well though I didn't know what FPS it was at but felt high/looked smooth.

Caporegime
Played some oddball I think it is, our team had two AFK players and their team had one. Wish there was a way to report people, ruined the game for us and we got rolled.

Soldato
Agree on a previous comment regarding gun sounds. They do sound quite muted with headphones on.

I preferred the CTF and Team DM modes. I'm not into the Battle Royal type games that have increased in popularity in recent years or massive scale maps, that I seem to spend wandering around looking for action, only to get killed instantly when I do.

I don't have the time to invest in getting good, so this Halo multiplayer ticks boxes for me.

Soldato
Played some oddball I think it is, our team had two AFK players and their team had one. Wish there was a way to report people, ruined the game for us and we got rolled.
doesn't help that the TTK is about two days.
not sure if it's just me but the combat doesn't really seem to click?

Soldato
doesn't help that the TTK is about two days.
not sure if it's just me but the combat doesn't really seem to click?
There is only a million other fps games with really short TTK. Why must everything be the same? You're shooting heavily shielded and armored elite soldiers after all.

Combat is awesome with a really good flow to it.

Associate
Big team battle runs pretty poorly, best I can get is about 100fps with dips to 80s if a lot is going on.
Was expecting it to run way better considering the graphics and low player count.

Caporegime
Looks like tweaks are incoming on progression (if you care about cosmetics): Changes are on the way for Halo Infinite's grindy battle pass | Rock Paper Shotgun

Loving the game so far. It's running super smooth (Ryzen 3600, RTX3060ti) and has a nice, fluid feel to movement and aiming. Melee is way OP compared to what I'm used to but I'm really getting into that style so it's probably more interesting than other titles on the market right now. My FOV is at 100 because the default makes it like the other team are in your actual room, it's like a magnifying glass.

Finding teams is very quick, which surprised me being on whatever the AUS/NZ infrastructure is. Ping is sub 20 as well so not sure how they're doing that black magic.

Really tight game, great fun, and probably the thing I was looking for a month or so back when I asked what multiplayer FPS I should be playing :)

Soldato
Played first game on the PC today, superb, love it.

Runs at about 80fps everything maxed 3440x1440, some of the 343 guys or at least I guess they were going by tags jumped into the game which was fun.

Soldato
Had a few games and I am SHOCKINGLY BAD

But I'm going to stick with it and try to get good because it plays really nicely and looks great. I suck but I am determined to GitGud

Soldato
Had a few games and I am SHOCKINGLY BAD

But I'm going to stick with it and try to get good because it plays really nicely and looks great. I suck but I am determined to GitGud

Took me a few matches to get into it, map knowledge is king in this. Absolutely loving it, I am just so disappointed in my self for buying ultimate edition of BF 2042... What a waste of money.

Associate
Enjoying it even though I’m capped to 60fps. I’m long overdue an upgrade with my 980 and i5 2500k. Hopefully they can optimise it a little more and I can take that cap off.

l0z

l0z

Associate
Wow. Just had a couple of rounds of big team CTF. It's such a refreshing change from the dreck DICE has been serving.

Runs well, plays well, and regularly throws up fun and exciting situations.

Back
Top Bottom