Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Man of Honour
Gave the campaign a go as it was free. Haven’t been a Halo fan since 3 so wasn’t expecting to like it, but on the first mission I knew I’d hate it, the controls just feel horrible as they always have done and the gun play is typical Halo, just not fun at all.

Looked graphically impressive but just not a game for me.

I haz 4090!
Don
I am LOVING the MP of this. I honestly thought I was over competitive shooters with the big 40 coming next year, but this has really grabbed me. I've only played 4 hours or so so far, but I can see myself sinking a decent amount of time into this over Christmas.

Soldato
Is this the best they could come up with, wandering around clearing an area or taking on a boss who never misses know where you are all times and never runs out of ammo like I do?
I will stick with it for now but could easily give it up.

Associate
Finished with the single player, I'd probably give it around a 7/10, bordering dropping to a 6 at times.

Best way to describe it as a few reviewers have mentioned is just a bigger more expansive version of the second mission in the original. It was pretty fun at first but I never felt like the game was ramping up, just the same note all the way through. The music is getting lots of praise, which it's fine, but for me I found that it never kicked in at the appropriate times, especially in open world. I could clear multiple bases in complete silence, only for pumping fight music to start playing as I'm killing the last grunt.

I only used the grappling hook ability, all the others felt pretty crap in comparison, by the end I was also using the same combination of about 3 different weapons as they were clearly better than everything else.

I was super disappointed when it became clear that there was only one map, I was under the impression, a few reviewers said it too, that there are multiple biomes to explore. I ended up clearing practically all the bases and collectibles a few missions in thinking I was going to move on and maybe lose them, turns out I'd just blitzed the meat of the game and there was only a couple of hours left in the story.

It would have been cool if there was a need to defend territory/bases, with ambient combat going on all the time. As it stands as soon as you clear the outposts the world just seems to feel lifeless.

As for the story, I got up to speed somewhat and kind of understood what was going on, it's obviously new ground for fans anyway, but the suggestion at the end of the story to me that there is now a race that can control/manipulate time, with time travel now being introduced? It's very rare that time travel stuff ever works so I'm pretty concerned moving forward, in a series with such detailed and expanded lore I feels it's only going to create plot holes or force them into retcons.

Caporegime
Finished with the single player, I'd probably give it around a 7/10, bordering dropping to a 6 at times.

Best way to describe it as a few reviewers have mentioned is just a bigger more expansive version of the second mission in the original. It was pretty fun at first but I never felt like the game was ramping up, just the same note all the way through. The music is getting lots of praise, which it's fine, but for me I found that it never kicked in at the appropriate times, especially in open world. I could clear multiple bases in complete silence, only for pumping fight music to start playing as I'm killing the last grunt.

I only used the grappling hook ability, all the others felt pretty crap in comparison, by the end I was also using the same combination of about 3 different weapons as they were clearly better than everything else.

I was super disappointed when it became clear that there was only one map, I was under the impression, a few reviewers said it too, that there are multiple biomes to explore. I ended up clearing practically all the bases and collectibles a few missions in thinking I was going to move on and maybe lose them, turns out I'd just blitzed the meat of the game and there was only a couple of hours left in the story.

It would have been cool if there was a need to defend territory/bases, with ambient combat going on all the time. As it stands as soon as you clear the outposts the world just seems to feel lifeless.

As for the story, I got up to speed somewhat and kind of understood what was going on, it's obviously new ground for fans anyway, but the suggestion at the end of the story to me that there is now a race that can control/manipulate time, with time travel now being introduced? It's very rare that time travel stuff ever works so I'm pretty concerned moving forward, in a series with such detailed and expanded lore I feels it's only going to create plot holes or force them into retcons.

Considering they are just shooting games, I've always found Halo lore incredibly complex and confusing.

Man of Honour
Played the Campaign, at first I liked it but the more I played of it the more I disliked it. I truly hated the fact that there were no tactics involved, I could lose line of sight, move around the terrain and try to surprise flank them but they seemed to instantly know where I was at all times and the constant running out of ammo whilst they seemed to have an unlimited supply made for some truly boring fights. The map gameplay is essentially Ubisoft : Halo (think Ubisoft towers - called FOBs in this, which you claim and it then reveals points of interest in the vicinity)

Caporegime
The campaign is halo themed Far Cry but i've enjoyed the 5 or so hours I've played so far. Not sure if I will get a bit bored before the end but still wanting to play it at the moment.

I agree, but I enjoyed it so much more than Far Cry 6.

It's open world but not stupidly/pointlessly big.

The grappling hook makes the game, otherwise it could have been a real slog.

Soldato
Played the Campaign, at first I liked it but the more I played of it the more I disliked it. I truly hated the fact that there were no tactics involved, I could lose line of sight, move around the terrain and try to surprise flank them but they seemed to instantly know where I was at all times and the constant running out of ammo whilst they seemed to have an unlimited supply made for some truly boring fights. The map gameplay is essentially Ubisoft : Halo (think Ubisoft towers - called FOBs in this, which you claim and it then reveals points of interest in the vicinity)
You echo my sentiments, it was so annoying running out of ammo yet they had an an unlimited supply.

Caporegime
You echo my sentiments, it was so annoying running out of ammo yet they had an an unlimited supply.

Haven't you ever played Halo before? It was always the case that you would need to scavenge enemies weapons.

In this one they actually let you just walk over guns to increase your ammo count, previously you literally needed to throw away a weapon and pick up another, even if it was the same type of gun.

Man of Honour

Yeah I enjoyed the game for the first few hours but by the end I realised that I utterly ******* despise the game. Its some of the biggest pile of **** I have ever played in the fps story genre. How anybody can criticise the combat in The Division but think the combat in Halo Infinite is good is beyond me. By the end of the game I was just sick of the fights and how ridiculously bullet spongey they are, especially that fight toward the end where you are in the tiny room with the two big red armoured guys. Whoever came up with that fight needs a lesson in what constitutes fun combat and what doesnt. IMO the devs who made the Halo Infinite campaign need to go and play Metro Exodus from start to finish and learn how to do a proper single player FPS campaign. I havent played the multiplayer but I hope thats the games redeeming quality because imo the single player campaign rhymes with bank.

Soldato
Haven't you ever played Halo before? It was always the case that you would need to scavenge enemies weapons.

In this one they actually let you just walk over guns to increase your ammo count, previously you literally needed to throw away a weapon and pick up another, even if it was the same type of gun.
Yes I am aware of that but if you are battling a boss and his minions getting close enough to get the guns/ammo was in some cases very difficult as no matter how many times I changed position they were ready and the bosses weapons had a far superior range and never missed.

Associate
Halo infinite is GOTY for me, campaign is great fun.

Yeah I was excited for FH5 but its the same as FH4 with a different map.
Halo Infinite is definitely game of the year, very much like the best one in my opinion ( number three ) but with some new stuff.
Grappling hook is a great feature too.

Soldato
I completed the campaign yesterday, took just over 10h (I did some side content), the game is good length for FPS without it dragging for too long. I really enjoyed it and the open world section is good fun. It's just another Halo game, if you enjoyed previous Halo games then this one will be no different. Grappling hook is just so much fun and a nice new addition.

Back
Top Bottom