Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Soldato
Just finished this and apart from it being a disappointment I am a bit miffed that there was stuff I had not done in the open worldy part of the game. I had no idea that once you entered the building there was no going back.
Will I give it another playthrough, not at the moment which Is unusual for me?

EDIT: I spoke to soon as the game takes you back outside after the credits where I assume you can continue the fight.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still playing through the campaign and I'm pretty bad at it I must say. I'm dying a lot on normal difficulty but the combat is fun and keeps me engaged.

The open world is fun also and I'm enjoying the side content which is rare for me but the idea of helping my boys drives me on.

Sadly it's the story and 'villain' that's the let down for me. So far I don't have much interest in anything he has to say. He's extremely two dimensional and I find myself just zoning out whenever he speaks. I hope it improves.

I'll finish it at least.

Soldato
Loving the MP so far.
But anyone else getting the random network disconnect issues that's preventing from joining MP? Have to exit to desktop and start the game again every now and again.

Associate
I finished the campaign, which I enjoyed. It feels like a good start off point for future Halo games or at least the ground work for an expansion or two.

The gameplay was a lot of fun with a lot of varied approaches that I found to be quite difficult at times. There are some encounters that would just kick my ass but many attempts later I would always find a way through. It was just a matter of quite frankly... playing better. Or going to get a Scorpion...

As I said in an other post, for £1 I can't complain.

Associate
Not a fan of the MP, but then i didn't like the original. everyone hopping and bouncing around the maps. Reminded me of when I was trapped in a room full of kangaroos, only less fun.

Soldato
Finished the Campaign last night, took my time with it, tried to complete as much as I could before entering the final part.
Easily the best SP experience for me this year. Yeah it was just more Halo, but you know what after disappointment after disappointment from other franchises and developers. It was just nice to actually pick something up that was familiar and fun and enjoy furthering the story. I look forward to what comes next.
I was mildly disappointed at the lack of Co'op Campaign at release. However, aftre the first hour or so I was fine with that, as it let me just enjoy it at my own pace.

Associate
I thought they were adding coop and raytracing further down the line. If they are adding raytracing they really need to look at getting more performance out because the visuals already do not justify how well it runs now. I have Xbox game pass but I won't be touching the campaign until its patched.

Soldato
Co up is coming at the start of the next season but I cant remember exactly when that is.

Performance vs graphics settings is a weird one. I personally run on low as I cant see much of a difference and the increased performance is worth it

Associate
I can’t even get this game to run on my pc. Keeps freezing my pc when I go to start the campaign. I have 5950x and 3090 32gb of ram. Don’t have any issues apart from this game. I’m on windows 11 and playing it through gamepass. Anyone know of any issues that might cause this?

Associate
Just finished the campaign, not bad at all. Still loads left to do.

I skipped through most of the cut-scenes and got a bit fed up of going through loads of doors at the end.

Soldato
Any news on the optimisation for the SP? I got to the part of the outside world and even my 3090 started to struggle a little and dropped below 60fps. Ultra settings at 3840x1600. Interior environments was double that FPS.

Excited to play it, but it for sure needed some draw distance options.

Soldato
yeah I just run on low. High settings dont change much visually but just adds load for no reason.

Havent played in weeks though, should really complete the campaign

Caporegime
Game runs very well for me on single player, 4K max settings, 6900 XT. No stuttering or FPS drops, other than when it decides to auto save there is a little hitch. FPS does drop to 70ish in the vast open outside areas, but still plays well. Multiplayer runs even better from what little I played of it. First time playing Halo ever, working my way through the campaign slowly on the legendary difficulty.

Caporegime
Oooo just tried resolution scaling, game looks crisp AF at 4k (on a 1440p monitor).

Game was acting weird though when I loaded it up. It asked me to sign in despite doing so on my 1st launch, and then it wouldn't load my save game - counted down but nothing happened. I had to start a new campaign again.

Back
Top Bottom