Using a mouse is dirty on BTB, they really need to add a controller only option to that mode as that is putting off more players than the apparant cheating. The aim assist stops working for pad users at mid range and even horrendous mouse users wreck decent pad players at BTB's typically long range fights.
I can't really tell when someone out beams me, whether they're just better, got lucky or if it's a mouse, but I'll take your word for it. Either way, I don't play BTB all that much and when I do, it's mostly just mucking around / making a bee line for the shock rifle / power weapons anyways.
Ignoring some dodgy hit registration, server desync issues and the lack of a server browser for now, I'm a pretty "forgiving"gamer and don't rage at too much, but I'm experiencing some really bizarre point allocation in ranked at the moment - not sure if you've experienced all these.
Back to our previous discussion on how ranking works, I must say that I've had some insanely frustrating experiences.
I get the general gist that your rank gain or loss is related to how "well" you do in a match, weighted by your rank and how strong your team is collectively, against the collective strength of the other team (Onyx player in the same team or opposing team seems to throw the balance in a direction even moreso than any high diamond). How well you do, seems to have little to do with the objective, and much more to do with KD/A and damage done.
Some examples where my understanding falls apart though;
This should simply never happen and I get it a fair bit. It may happen that a player DC's or quits before you can even see that they officially joined, but when this happens, then the losing team (highly likely to be the team with 3 players) should simply not lose anything.
* I have won a strongholds match on streets where we were 3 and they were a full team. Me, and Onyx player I was on Discord with and a random. We played our little hearts out, wont all our 1v1's and often 1v2 (or at least did a lot of damage to the second for the cleanup). The other team all were about the same rank as me at the time. I got almost no rank gain whatsoever, with lots of occupation time, more than double me deaths and a lot of damage
* I have won a game of TDM, where we were 4 and the other team were 3. I gained loads after completely smashing the other team. This wasn't fair - they were all lower rank as me as well.
"Random" points gain / loss
* I went 31:13 on Behemoth CTF, did the most damage out of both teams by more than 1000 damage, couple of flag pulls and a return, won the game and got next to nothing. I was the highest ranked player in my team, but the opposing team were all the same rank as me, bar one (D5 at the time, so therefore their collective strength was higher and the rest of my team was punching up). The only lower ranked player in the other team was D1 or D2, I can't quite recall).
* I've gone and "punched down" against lower ranked players, did pretty average, and gained a healthy chunk.
* Oddball - high Diamond teams, held onto the thing for 3 minutes, 12ish kills with 7 deaths - very balanced teams, gained a hair's breadth.
* Had a night where I teamed up with 3 other Onyx players and came up against full stack Onyx opposing teams. I lost nearly half my D5 rank from our losses (granted, at times I went negative, but that happened very rarely), and when we won, on a fair few occasions I'd be up there on the leaderboard / damage done, and I'd gain so very little that it made no sense for me to continue.
To be clear, when I get good chunks for no apparent reason, happens much less than the other way around
I know all this sounds like a right moan, but point allocation seems downright broken at times. No one but me cares about my rank (D6 now), but I really would like to get to Onyx now that I've seen I can hold my own on Onyx only matches.
ps: It's happening more often now, but I run into opposing teams of Onyx or high Diamond, coupled with very low level players (like Bronze!), yet, the low level player is holding their own and doing a load of OBJ play, while the Onyx is slaying out. I'm assuming they're boosting (i.e: lose little from losses but gain a lot from wins?)?