Halo Infinite

Soldato
I feel really thick asking this but I'm a Halo MP noob. What's all this ranked unranked and playlist stuff?

I just want to make sure I'm with controller players only so I disabled using info provided by @Kreeeee last night and I just select the big arena lucky dip type thing so that it puts you in a random match of 12 v 12 I think it is

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I feel really thick asking this but I'm a Halo MP noob. What's all this ranked unranked and playlist stuff?

I just want to make sure I'm with controller players only so I disabled using info provided by @Kreeeee last night and I just select the big arena lucky dip type thing so that it puts you in a random match of 12 v 12 I think it is

You will still be matched against mouse users on the Xbox unless you choose ranked and then choose controller only.

Soldato

I'm with you. I haven't a clue about the ranked or Battle Pass stuff. I'm just playing it proper casual with quick plays and enjoying it even though I'm utterly hopeless with the controller.. Never played Halo MP before but it reminds me of UT2003.

I've turned cross-play off in the Xbox settings.

Soldato
You will still be matched against mouse users on the Xbox unless you choose ranked and then choose controller only.

So there is more to it than just the Xbox crossplay settings. I'll see if I can find this Ranked and controller only stuff tonight but I'm starting to think you need a degree in each games menu system these days with this and Forza i spend most of my time looking for stuff in the menu's

Man of Honour
So there is more to it than just the Xbox crossplay settings. I'll see if I can find this Ranked and controller only stuff tonight but I'm starting to think you need a degree in each games menu system these days with this and Forza i spend most of my time looking for stuff in the menu's

Yes, it's annoying that MS are moving towards unifying console and PC. I think this is why there isn't a simple universal option to tell mouse users to **** off and stay out of my games :p

When you pick ranked you can choose to play only controller players, but for some reason only when joining the solo/duo queue.

Soldato
Yes, it's annoying that MS are moving towards unifying console and PC. I think this is why there isn't a simple universal option to tell mouse users to **** off and stay out of my games :p

When you pick ranked you can choose to play only controller players, but for some reason only when joining the solo/duo queue.

I haven't even seen any of this stuff you've mentioned, when you select big battle it just puts you in a game. Maybe it's part of the custom stuff that I haven't looked at yet, I'll figure it out later

Cheers

Soldato
BTB is in the casual playlists - ranked is a separate thing and is arena modes only. Input selection is only available for solo/duo queues - quite why I’m not sure.
I’d say though that everything playlist wise etc is going to change over time based on what they’ve said

Soldato
Ok I just fired it up and it's only available in Ranked so firstly that means I've made absolutely zero progress in any of the games I've played so far

Secondly, I have to change to solo/duo (what this means I have no idea) before I can select Controller input so assuming that means this is the only way to play against controller players it also means I can't play any of the other game modes I've previously played in big team battle?

I don't get it, it makes absolutely zero sense!

Man of Honour
BTB is in the casual playlists - ranked is a separate thing and is arena modes only. Input selection is only available for solo/duo queues - quite why I’m not sure.
I’d say though that everything playlist wise etc is going to change over time based on what they’ve said

Quick play also has forced cross input.

Man of Honour
Ok I just fired it up and it's only available in Ranked so firstly that means I've made absolutely zero progress in any of the games I've played so far

Secondly, I have to change to solo/duo (what this means I have no idea) before I can select Controller input so assuming that means this is the only way to play against controller players it also means I can't play any of the other game modes I've previously played in big team battle?

I don't get it, it makes absolutely zero sense!

Luckily there is no progress in ranked play, and solo/duo means you don’t play against teams of 3/4.

I agree that it’s really dumb.

Soldato
Needing a “progression system” is very millenial .

I’m sure they’ll fix it, in the meantime, have fun playing an insanely good fps.

Liking solo Ranked more than standard Arena, seems less sweaty, or it could just be input? Lost all but 2 matches in Ranked and placed in Platinum in the end, which I’m happy with. Doubt I’ll ever get to Onyx, but will try get to Diamond.

Man of Honour
I thought you also earned XP to progress through the MP content/battle pass through completing the challenges. No, it's not progressing through actual ranks of course, doing so in non-ranked matches would be mental. I think there's a bit of confusion going on about what the difference between levels and ranks is.

Back
Top Bottom