Halo Infinite

Man of Honour
Hosted a great 2 v 2 session today at my house. It was like going back 20 years with the original Halo, they really captured the spirit of the first two games.

We play a lot of FFA with my group of friends. I don't think the kids today could cope with that as they won't get their precious "progression" towards new outfits for their virtual barbies :rolleyes:

Soldato
Playing through campaign at the moment.

Really enjoying the ability to explore. Some of the places I have reached using grapple and a lot of determination are pretty cool!

I can’t put my finger on it, but there is a ‘feel’ to this game that just makes it click.

I agree with others, the repetition is a bit of a drawback but then show me an open world FPS where this isn’t the case? If it was on rails it would be criticised for linearity.

Damned if you do damned if you don’t!

The world is lovely and interesting. Some epic structures and landscapes to explore.

The sound is stupendous and I haven’t had a bug or a crash yet either (which is saying something for a modern AAA release).

The gunplay is good, and the battle encounters challenging.

Overall - I feel this is a fantastic addition to the Halo franchise and to be available day one on game pass is ridiculous. Microsoft are knocking it out of the park with GP in terms of bang for buck.

Soldato
OP
The combat is great, I'm not very good at FPS on a pad to be honest but getting better bit by bit.

Chucking a core at a group of baddies and sending some flying, grappling in and melee killing some grunt whil throwing a grenade which sticks to a brutes leg who goes diving away and unloading a clip into someone else... Epic.

I do wish there was an option to save when I want, I'd cleared some of the early tower mission but life happened and my Xbox went into power save, when I came back I had to start the whole thing over.

Combined with the fact quick resume doesn't work is very annoying, even Nintendo games will let me drop in and out, I know they have said a fix is coming but this should be basic stuff for a dev of this size.

Soldato
Is it best to play in quality mode or performance on Xbox series X? I've got it on quality on my LG CX. Looks great. Dolby vision and atmos nice. Not sure what fps it's pumping out on Xbox series X though.

Soldato
Is it best to play in quality mode or performance on Xbox series X? I've got it on quality on my LG CX. Looks great. Dolby vision and atmos nice. Not sure what fps it's pumping out on Xbox series X though.

Quality mode on first play through for me. I believe it's 60fps with resolution scaling

Soldato
Just finished the campaign it was good but not great. The combat was excellent but the story was a bit meh. Hopefully they add more to it in the future…

Perhaps they will. I mean this format is perfect for releasing Destiny style content and story lines etc. They could make Halo infinite. Literally! :p

Soldato

It's a lot prettier on quality.

Campaign - Quality
MP - Performance

Associate
I have just arrived at the dig site and I have to say so far I am very underwhelmed. The graphics seem pretty bland (playing on series x using quality mode). I climbed to the highest point on the map and looking around it kinda looks bad. The trees look bad and the general art style just looks dull and uninteresting. Halo has always been famous for it's sky box and in infinte it looks quite uninteresting and static.

The story is so far an utter yawn fest. I have played all of the Halo games and to be honest I am not sure what is actually going on in Infinite so far. The pilot and the weapon are boring characters.

I think the open world was a mistake. They should have kept it linear and they could have really went to town on the graphics whilst retaining the great Halo combat. The open world is kind of devoid of content. Take over a base, rescue some marines drive to the next base, rinse and repeat.

The vehicles feel terrible to drive to. Constantly getting stuck on things.

The boss fights are very much not fun. Just bullet sponges.

Once the hype for this game dies down, I think this will be regarded as just another average entry in the Halo series like Halo 4 and 5.

I will finish the game but I can't say I am excited to do so.

Soldato
You have the right to have an incorrect opinion @lovelyhead :D
...only poking fun at you ofc.

It's not perfect... yet, but I couldn't love it more if I tried, but to each their own.Why force yourself to finish it if you don't like it?

Associate
You have the right to have an incorrect opinion @lovelyhead :D
...only poking fun at you ofc.

It's not perfect... yet, but I couldn't love it more if I tried, but to each their own.Why force yourself to finish it if you don't like it?

It would be the only Halo game I haven't finished if I stop now and I have heard that it isn't a long campaign. The combat is still solid and for the most part enjoyable.

Maybe the game gets better after the point I am at now. I will reserve final judgement for when I finish it.

Soldato
It would be the only Halo game I haven't finished if I stop now and I have heard that it isn't a long campaign. The combat is still solid and for the most part enjoyable.

Maybe the game gets better after the point I am at now. I will reserve final judgement for when I finish it.
It's definitely better than Halo 5 :D

Soldato
Its been a long time since I wished the day away to play a game, cant wait to get on it later. If only I didn't have to sit in a backbreaking office chair that I've been sat in all day.

Caporegime
Finished this earlier, the last 25% of the game was a real slog (ie the linear bits). Really enjoyed the open world aspects and the gunplay in general was solid. The story though, not sure if I’m just being dense but by the end I had no clue what was going on so it obviously wasn’t overly engaging or maybe I just can’t remember previous game story lines….

Overall well worth a play especially considering its on Game Pass :)

Back
Top Bottom