Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Associate
I was getting annoying frame drop issues on the New Mombasa levels last night, so i don't think they have solved it.

Using the tab button to go between the old and new graphics i didn't realise just how "lacking", for want of a better word, the original Xbox games was in some areas, especially textures. It didn't seem that bad at the some when i play it back in 2004.
have you turned off win10 game mode - that helped me on halo 1 etc

Soldato
Went to try Halo 2 on PC yesterday and The game itself it borked somehow..
The game is installed, but clicking play does nothing. Then if I go on the gamepass store page, the option to install is there. (Clicking it does nothing). So I thought I'd try uninstalling as I know its installed. Clicking uninstall from my library does nothing :/
So I'm stuck with how to get rid of it to reinstall properly, it thinks it's both installed and not installed somehow :D

Associate
It's now working for me after a full re-install, the windows store is literally the most temperamental thing I've used in recent years, nothing but issues with the Forza & Gears games and now this.

I'm excited to play through Halo 2 again as I enjoyed a run through the original (full of tweaks & fixes) a year or two ago. I couldn't stomach Halo 1 again though, I got to the third mission and really wasn't enjoying how it felt, the sequels were a big improvement when going back. Then the thought of doing the Library mission again hit me and I just did an Alt+F4 never to return :D

Went to try Halo 2 on PC yesterday and The game itself it borked somehow..
The game is installed, but clicking play does nothing. Then if I go on the gamepass store page, the option to install is there. (Clicking it does nothing). So I thought I'd try uninstalling as I know its installed. Clicking uninstall from my library does nothing :/
So I'm stuck with how to get rid of it to reinstall properly, it thinks it's both installed and not installed somehow :D

Have you tried removing it through control panel? I've had many issues whereby this was the only solution.

Soldato
Is you have it on Steam, right click and select what you want to install under the 'DLC' tab. For example i've installed halo 1 & 2 but didn't install the optional language packs.

Hope that helps.

Associate
Trying to play Halo 2, but the game isn't letting me change my keyboard settings. I make the changes and it keep telling me there is a unassigned key or something. There isnt. Cant play it.

Associate
Got a surprise email inviting me to test Halo 3 on Steam today. May as well give it a go and see what that one's like.

Any impressions? I've read the EU side is lacking in players a bit. But i'm looking forward to its release, so i know many others will be too, and then player count shouldn't be much of issue then.

I've only just started playing Halo again, after having it on console for years. Anyone interested in playing? I've so far just been messing about with heavies, fiesta and action sack. I wish the competitive playlists had more players, but still, purposely flying pelicans into opposing bases on suicide missions is mega fun. k/d ratio be dammed. I think mine must be broken, says 15000 to 2000. Seems a little unrealistic to me, even when i could aim xD

Soldato
39000 ingame right now massive success on PC this guarantees all the new Halos will come as well once MCC is done :D

Associate
Been looking forward to this, never played them when they were originally released but played through the MCC co op as they have been added and really enjoyed them

Associate
I wanted to re-play the campaigns as they released, but have got a bit behind schedule. I completed Halo Reach a while back, and Halo CE yesterday. They are still as fun as I remember, and the originals still hold up well.

The remastered versions seem to mess with some things, for example, in Truth and Reconciliation in Halo CE, Cortana calls it a 'desert plateau'. It is a desert in the original, but in the remastered there is greenery everywhere. The dark and dingy feel due to the lighting of the original also gets changed.

Back
Top Bottom