Hamerton Zoo "Serious incident"

Caporegime
You've got to wonder how this sort of thing is still happening in modern zoos. Surely it can't be that difficult to introduce a protocol that involves keeping staff and animals separated by secure doors and fences at all times.

Soldato
They were trying to distract the tiger with chunks of meat.

As sad as it would be to have do it, don't they have shotguns near DWA enclosures in case of incidents like this?

Tiger worth more than the humans, unless you suggest shooting any witness' and feeding them to the Tigers as well?

Soldato
The problem with animals like these is they only respect size and power. If they think they can overpower you, they will. Even if they appear to be "tame".

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Can't help but feel zoos are outdated now anyway. I know there's a degree of conservation, research and development regarding breeding and care, however the business of displaying them to the public in captivity seems a little out of touch now to me.

Not that I haven't enjoyed visiting zoos in the past, but as I'm older it doesn't appeal as much anymore.

Associate
I agree Dup,
even though I love going to the zoo once a year, I find them completely pointless from an education stand point, threes not much else we can learn from these animals now, and there behaviours will always be slightly different compared to what they behave in the wild.

if they are worried about the animals being extinct (which is a load of crap), they should get to the root cause of the problem and let them roam in their natural habitat in Africa

Soldato
Can't help but feel zoos are outdated now anyway. I know there's a degree of conservation, research and development regarding breeding and care, however the business of displaying them to the public in captivity seems a little out of touch now to me.

Not that I haven't enjoyed visiting zoos in the past, but as I'm older it doesn't appeal as much anymore.

yep, shut down the zoos you were the last person born in the country!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I've read that 3 6 times now and it still doesn't make any sense. ;)

Think he's saying that I want them to shut down zoos becasue I've grown out of them.

Not the case though. On top of that, I just think they're an outdated concept. FishThrower gets it.

They're just a business out to make money like most organisations in life.

Caporegime
The problem with animals like these is they only respect size and power. If they think they can overpower you, they will. Even if they appear to be "tame".

not true.as with any animals you need to know with how to deal with them.a tiger is a tiger.no more needs to be said.

there is a guy cant remember where who is odd and lives with a load of tigers in his house.he lets his children ride on them do all sorts.surprised nothing has happened as many are but some people just have gifts with animals.

Soldato
not true.as with any animals you need to know with how to deal with them.a tiger is a tiger.no more needs to be said.

there is a guy cant remember where who is odd and lives with a load of tigers in his house.he lets his children ride on them do all sorts.surprised nothing has happened as many are but some people just have gifts with animals.

There are some increably stupid people in this world. Like that guy who thought he could live with Grizzly bears and we all know how that turned out...

Back
Top Bottom