***Han Solo movie***

Man of Honour
Finally got round to seeing this. Really enjoyed it. Much better than the new trilogy. Didn’t like maul in it, hate that he is canon now. Nice job of bringing this story together.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Maul revival is an example of this nouveau riche trend - we bought this franchise to destroy your old heroes. Everything that Han sacrificed and stood for in OT was for nothing, his only purpose was to hand over the keys to Millennium Falcon to Rey, then die for nothing. Everything that Luke sacrificed and stood for in OT was for nothing, his only purpose was to do pointless televised performance as a prelude to Rey's glorious arrival, then die for nothing. Everything that Princess Leia sacrificed and stood for in OT, was for nothing, her only purpose was to grind The Rebellion to the ground and bring the last handful of remnants of resistance to Rey's ship, then die, off screen. But that wasn't enough for Disney. With Maul's return, we learned that Qui Gon's sacrifice and death was nothing. If they bring Emperor back in Episode 9, Anakin Skywalker's sacrifice and death will also be for nothing.

Disney. We'll **** up your childhood, or your money back. ;)

Soldato
@v0n I hate to be all nerdy, but if not before, Maul was reintroduced in Star Wars Rebels which is canon and sets a very clear timeline which might be a touch challenging for the Solo reveal.

Btw Rebels is hands down the best thing Disney have done in the SWverse the main trilogy looks very poor in comparison.

Soldato
Maul revival is an example of this nouveau riche trend - we bought this franchise to destroy your old heroes. Everything that Han sacrificed and stood for in OT was for nothing, his only purpose was to hand over the keys to Millennium Falcon to Rey, then die for nothing. Everything that Luke sacrificed and stood for in OT was for nothing, his only purpose was to do pointless televised performance as a prelude to Rey's glorious arrival, then die for nothing. Everything that Princess Leia sacrificed and stood for in OT, was for nothing, her only purpose was to grind The Rebellion to the ground and bring the last handful of remnants of resistance to Rey's ship, then die, off screen. But that wasn't enough for Disney. With Maul's return, we learned that Qui Gon's sacrifice and death was nothing. If they bring Emperor back in Episode 9, Anakin Skywalker's sacrifice and death will also be for nothing.

Sounds like life to me :p *shrugs"

Soldato
I watched this now it's on sky (got it for the lad as a treat) it was ok. Enjoyable enough film in itself but nothing to shout home about at all, just a decent film.

The freedom droid malarky was a bit stupid but that sort of stuff seems to come as standard to most films these days.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
@v0n I hate to be all nerdy, but if not before, Maul was reintroduced in Star Wars Rebels which is canon and sets a very clear timeline which might be a touch challenging for the Solo reveal.

Yeah, he was revived in Rebels, but still by Disney. Disneyers have this clear penchant and a mission to absolutely cancel out everything heroic from OT and prequels, as if it was somehow wrong and politically incorrect.

Btw Rebels is hands down the best thing Disney have done in the SWverse the main trilogy looks very poor in comparison.

I'm not a fan, it was too "for kids" and inconsistent plotwise for me. But what you said is interesting.... You mean OT looks very poor in comparison or the new Force Is A Female trilogy?

Back
Top Bottom