Hand mixers and bread machines.

Caporegime
I recently bought a panasonic sd-2501 breadmaker and its really good, it can do cakes and jams aswell :D

All my research lead me to believe it wasnt worth buying a bread maker unless you bought a panasonic one and they are over your budget by £40

breadmakers make odd shaped loafs btw although you can just stick the dough in your own bread tin and put it in the oven I guess, for some things you have to anyway like if you want to make buns

but its really easy just stick everything in the bucket and select the menu program for what your making.
l6JxV.jpg
out pops the bread/dough and the bucket in mine is non stick so just rinse it with water and its ready for next time.

I just made some pizza dough earlier :D
G6ILY.jpg
9wPsC.jpg

The base tasted delicious :D and the texture was really good
Btw heres a screenshot of the recipe index from my instruction book
7jHjs.jpg
obviously you can use other recipes from around the net as well aslong as they are scaled for a bread maker

Last edited:
Soldato
We had a Panny breadmaker for a while. They're certainly handy - you just bung all the stuff in and away it goes. Fresh bread after a couple of hours (and it had a timer mode, so you could wake up to fresh bread too!!) Now I have more time on my hands I bake by hand - the results are much better, but for time saving, the bread machine was fantastic (but as has been said, the shape of the loaf is........different!).

I've never owned a hand mixer, so can't comment. I either use the Kenwood Chef for mixing/beating or a hand blender for whisking/blending. (I assume you mean the things with the two mixers coming out of it?). Never had a need for one :)

Caporegime
well mixing dough for bread is stupidly easy and takes only a couple of minutes by hand, the kneeding is whats time consuming but its oddly relaxing

Caporegime
Yes we know but that wasn't the question now, was it?? :mad::p:p:D:D
no but the second post answered the bread maker bit :p

did you try making breads by hand? It's easier than you would imagine, Breadmakers have the awesome factor though of being able to set the timer and wake up in the morning to a freshly cooked cake or bread.

As you can see from the recipe section of the instruction book I posted they can make pretty much anything or prepare the dough for things they cant cook directly due to the shape of them

Soldato
I bake quite a lot and was using a mixer with a bread hook to knead / mix, but the cost in leccy is quite something.

Gone back to hand kneading now. I swear it tastes better when it is made with a bit of love and energy. :)

*I know my comment is useless.

Last edited:
Associate
I bought s hand held mixer today for £10 from tesco, nearly burnt it out making cookie dough. Cookies turned out lush though!

Soldato
Got given a bread maker randomly yesterday so plan to give this a go at the weekend. It came with a recipe book but does anyone have any good recipes or links for different kinds of bread please?

Caporegime
you can probably download the panasonic sd-2501 instruction book on the panasonic website recipes universal for bread machines.

obviously the programmes arent the same but in the instructions it tells you what each program does so you can just manually set your machine to knead for the same period , press stop , let it rise for the same period then set it to bake for the same period etc.

i've been doing ciabatta bread a lot recently which is only kneaded in the machine and then shaped and stuck in an oven for 20minutes.

Tastes awesome and much better than a regular loaf of bread imo :D

Caporegime
how much you pay from comet?
I got mine for £106 on amazon.

make some ciabatta dough :D its totally awesome , I got some italian spice mix from asda earlier to add to my bread and some garlic flakes :D

Soldato
We've had the Panny SD255 for about 2 years now and it is still throwing out quality bits of bread :D They are awesome bits of kit, and our paddle is only just starting to get a bit knackered - mostly damage from it occasionally being stuck within the loaf, so we end up using a spoon to dig it out :o

We use www.wessexmill.co.uk for our flour. The quality of the loafs it turns out is top notch :)

Back
Top Bottom