Handoff my xbox account to my son ?

Soldato
Hi,

Is it at all possible to handoff my xbox account to my son ? Cutting a long story short, he was young back when i setup my original xbox360 account, which i use as my general Microsoft account on my Win10 machines..

However now that he's old enough and well i don't ever play XBOX games anyway, and he has his own Microsoft account, is there a way to migrate everything on my xbox account over to his own microsoft account?

He's old enough now at 12, and is quite big into gaming on his PC and using his xbox. I think i have about 18months left on my xbox gold.

Associate
Don't believe there's a way to just give an account over, however you can change the email address associated with the account then let him have it.

Brief read suggests this will essentially achieve what you want?

Link

Soldato
OP
Don't believe there's a way to just give an account over, however you can change the email address associated with the account then let him have it.

Brief read suggests this will essentially achieve what you want?

Link
But then I won't be able to use my account anymore if I change my email to his email and change it on Microsoft. That's at least what I think would happen.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Interested in this myself.

I've just ordered myself a One S having not played a console since PS2 days. But years ago I set up my nieces Xbox Live account using my Microsoft account, and now I need to get her onto her own MS account without affecting her gaming history.

I don't fancy having to explain to a 9 year old girl why Uncle Cob needs to mess up her hard-earned stats just so that he can play a bit of FIFA.

Soldato
OP
i think the only way is to lose whatever downloads he's already purchased, and the 1yr remaining on his xbox live subscription, and just start all over again :(

Problem is i bought a 2yr xbox live subscription for him at XMAS.

Associate
You could set your account to be home accounts on the xbox, he would then be able to play games from either whilst still logged in as himself.
Thats about all I can think of.

Soldato
OP
You can. I recently changed the e-mail on my 14 year olds xbox live account. When he was young this was an alias of my e-mail address so I saw everything that came in. Its now changed to his own e-mail address now that he's older.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-ac...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

This explains how to change your email address of the account. If i do that, then what happens to MY Microsoft account ? I lose it, along with everything that goes with it.

Caporegime
I was referring to COB and explainining to him that you can change the e-mail on the account I've done it myself.

With regards to you however, there's no way to migrate stuff between accounts unfortunately. What you want simply can't be done.

Back
Top Bottom