Hanns-G HG281D - repairtech warranty issues

Associate
Hiya, I was wondering on other peoples experience of this company and any suggestions. I sent my monitor back for repair 2 months ago as the screen was displaying random corruption and kept switching itself off during use.

It was fine when i first got it back, but now it refuses to switch on after being left on over night. I have to warm the monitor up first before it will power on again.

I contacted repairtech again and there refusing to honor the 90 day warranty on repairs saying that no component was replaced during the repair and the 90 day warranty is with the part.

Hanns g website states that
"Any replaced or repaired product or component is covered by this limited warranty for a period of ninety (90) days from shipment .."

As i understand it my monitor should still be included in this 90 day warranty, the 3 year one has expired now so i cant claim under that.

Just used the forum search feature, which i should have before i guess, looks like im screwed then but im gona continue to try and fight them. Can anyone suggest a monitor manufacturer which doesnt use repairtech?

Last edited:
Associate
When they say "no component was replaced during the repair" then you need to know what they did to repair your monitor. If they did not need to replace a part then it is possible that the repair they did, like resolder some electronic parts to the PCB, was not done to a good standard. How would they know if the repair they have done has not caused this fault without even looking at the repair (just because they never used any new parts does not mean they didn't bodge the repair).

"Any replaced or repaired product or component is covered by this limited warranty for a period of ninety (90) days from shipment .."
They have told you that only parts used in the repair are covered by the 90 day warranty but according to that quote then it is the "repaired product" that is covered.

Fight it and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom