Happy St George's Day

Caporegime
Cannot remember when all this anti-flag thing was, it was mainly in the northwest Manchester region i believe. 07/08 if memory serves? not done any research into the matter.

Just remember councils warning public to be considerate to others when demonstrating acts of patriotism. Police took this far too literally and started asking people to remove/take down flags. It was a one day mistake :D

Manchester is the place that the police had to actually make a statement saying it was ******** and they weren't asking people to take flags down after loads of these stories started.

one local rag publishes some ******** then every Walter Mitty type comes out with their story of how they were told to take their flag down and how the country is all going to hell.

Permabanned
Amazes me that some people wheel out the 'racist' card every year, yet they are the same ones that harp on about things like St Davids day, or St Andrews day, and of course, St Patricks day. Oh and lets not forget the Scots also take a day to celebrate the life of a poet dead for over 200 years. So to all of you guys in other parts of the UK that claim that St Georges Day is racist.. Wind yer bleedin' necks in.

Who said it was racist?

Soldato
Unlike St. George - he was a Eastern Turk(Cappadocia) which was about the nearest he came to England.

you do understand that there is not such a thing as a christian turk from cappadocia, seljuk turks showed up at around 900 bc, about a millennial after St George who is actually of greek origin serving the roman army, his name means "farmer" :p

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Put an English flag on your window and expect a brick through it in most areas.

Really? I see plenty of flags and few windows smashed in. I think it is more that we just aren't a big flag waving nation more than anything else. The news today has had a fair amount of St George stuff on it too.

Soldato
Isn't it racist to celebrate St George's day?

You should be ashamed of your nationality and constantly flagellate yourself for past slights* not celebrating you racist pig dogs.

*real or imagined.

Back
Top Bottom