Hard tube fittings recommendations

Man of Honour
Choice is just the series name. There is also the "Smooth" and "Helm" compression fittings and the "Slim" push fittings. I am not sure of the difference between Barrow and Barrowch though unless the latter is something to do with China.

Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but you are sliding the collar onto the tubing followed by a o-ring? You chamfer the end of the tubing and moisten it so it slides in all the way, then slide the O-ring down to the fitting and tightly do the collar up which should then grip the tubing solidly. No amount of pulling will let me seperate my tubing from the fittings so I wonder if this is down to yet another size disparity between different manufacturers of tubing? The Mizucool tubing on Ebay is a perfect fit with Barrow fittings and very reasonable too at £13.50-£13.99 for 5x 500mm lengths of 12/14/16mm tubing.

Soldato
OP
Choice is just the series name. There is also the "Smooth" and "Helm" compression fittings and the "Slim" push fittings. I am not sure of the difference between Barrow and Barrowch though unless the latter is something to do with China.

Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but you are sliding the collar onto the tubing followed by a o-ring? You chamfer the end of the tubing and moisten it so it slides in all the way, then slide the O-ring down to the fitting and tightly do the collar up which should then grip the tubing solidly. No amount of pulling will let me seperate my tubing from the fittings so I wonder if this is down to yet another size disparity between different manufacturers of tubing? The Mizucool tubing on Ebay is a perfect fit with Barrow fittings and very reasonable too at £13.50-£13.99 for 5x 500mm lengths of 12/14/16mm tubing.

yeah fitting correctly i think it is just a sizing issue as the ek fitting grips a lot firmer even though it only has a single o ring in the barrel then the locking o ring. Think i'm going down the acrylic route as my water temp is often 40 degrees and been reading PETG isn't the best choice for those sort of temps. I'll have a look around and order some different tubing, although like I said 16mm acrylic seems a bit sparse at the minute for some reason.

Soldato
for years I've used Bitspower fittings, always have a solid grip. Even the really short fittings with the really shallow recess. Recently switched to EK Torque as it was struggle getting the new glass tubing inserted into the bitspower. And I guess, I just wanted a change, the new EK fittings do look good.

Soldato
OP
Feel like banging my head on a wall. Ordered some EK acrylic 12/16 and guess what the bloody barrow locking collar doesn't even fit over the tube as the tube appears to be 0.3mm bigger than the EK Petg. Thus the EK fitting now fits rock solid but the barrow fitting does not fit at all :cry:

Totally feeling like giving up on the hard tube route

Soldato
Conspiracy theory time: that is intentional.

People have said many times in many places "make sure you buy tube and fittings from the same manufacturer to ensure tolerances and they fit". Why? To charge a premium for tubing. Tube is extruded, yeah? Manufacturing tolerances for extrusion are incredibly small by design, so why would you see such a massive variation in sizes moving between different watercooling brands? They commission such variation from their suppliers.

By contrast, I have Shakmods 12mm acrylic tube and some samples from 2 different eBay shops. Guess what? All 3 sources work with my EK compressions, EK push-fit, Barrow compressions, Barrow 90-degree adapter with compression and Barrow push fit. 5 different fittings, 3 different tube suppliers, no issues.

So before you give up and bin the idea off try sourcing some acrylic tubing from an industry plastics supplier (like the link I posted previously) and see what happens then.

Soldato
Wait what's this bout replacing orings for hard-line?
Is it every time you connect then disconnect something?

Back
Top Bottom