Hardest job you've ever done?

Soldato
Since then I've worked in several active war zones, done 98 hour weeks, worked in temperatures below -30C and above 40C and would take it over working on a checkout ever single time :p
definitely!

Current job, easily the hardest job i've done and i've tryed many different things in my life, but its also the most enjoyable and rewarding job i've ever done, so many highs an so many lows, the mates more than make up for the low points though.

Soldato
I was a carer for a disabled child (at home and at school) for 11 years. I never had more than a week away from him at a time, and I rarely had a lunch break or indeed any type of break in those 11 years.

It was still the hardest thing I ever did to quit.

Soldato
My current one, Home shopping driver. Manager is a goon, long hours of driving, lifting heavy boxes all day. Collegues constantly mucking up a relatively simple task leaving you embarrased at the customers door missing half their shopping.

Associate
Trainee seedsperson, viability testing of certain seeds ready for implantation in fields then transferred to sites around the country; hardest thing was waking up at 3am and working outside in a -19 wind-chill and in all types of weather. One other one was visiting Goodyear tyres in Wolverhampton (working as a lighting technician), hot as hell! Carbon black everywhere, really tough place to work, good job I was only there for a week, couldn't handle it anymore; did see the racing tyres truck though.:D:cool:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Installing CCTV in tower blocks, the kinda tower blocks that need CCTV due to the eye watering levels of crime, vandalism, and anti social behaviour being commited by the tenants of said tower blocks.

God help you if you left a wire spool, set of tools, step ladder etc un attended for longer than 5 secs, ive never seen such rampant mindless theft, wether or not they had a use for it, it would get nicked.

Oh & as for the mobile toilets ( lifts to you & me ), just wow... :eek:

Permabanned
Done a bit of Healthcare Assistant work over the summer. FML is it ever hard, working in a major hospital in A&E is absolutely mental. I have so much respect for nurses who do it all day everyday. Not getting breaks and miserable patients who disrespect staff and being stood up for hours is probably the worst bits. Oh and retards who come to A&E with a stomach bug cos it hurts :rolleyes:

Soldato
Working at an American army base, lifting dangerously heavy objects with no rest for minimum wage, then getting fired for speaking out about how ridiculous the job was.

Soldato
Working on a spud farm was probably the physically hardest job i've done. Trailers of mud and spuds coming down a conveyor belt we had to throw clumps of mud and stones down a hole while to spuds carried on down the line to be cleaned.

This was outside under a tarp standing on the spot for hours on end getting blasted by the wind, ending each day with my back in spasm.

I bloody slept well though. :D

Associate
Repairing waste water pumps. The smell was ungodly and when we had a really bad one the smell stuck with me for the rest of the day that I could taste while eating my dinner. Maccy D's are the worst offenders. Chav excrement and burger fat make a concoction strong enough to dissolve cast iron.

Then there's the Farmers. Just don't get me started on the brain dead, tight Farmers.

I need a new job. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom