Hardest job you've ever done?

Permabanned
I'm not at liberty to say. It involved gangsters, swearing, punching, high speed driving and firearms.

And that was just the to get to the job...

:p

Soldato
i used to beg them to put me on training courses and all they kept saying was you have to be on the dole for 6 months before they can put me on one. wtf, so i said to the woman so what your telling me is that i have to scav more money before you will spend a bit off money and put me on a course so i can get a new job, the answer was basically yes

Soldato
Hardest job I have ever done was maintain a relationship with an individual that could be considered mentally unstable. Everything else I have done was relatively easy imo.

Associate
Probably building Marquees for rich people to party in, sometimes 14 hours days humping very heavy poles, floor panels and other stuff. Only good time was building one for Mike Rutherford (Genesis/Mike & The Mechanics) on his front lawn. He came out a few times with tea and homemade cakes his wife had just made.
Did some other agency stuff which was hard to motivate myself, like stuffing flyers in envelopes for 8 hours.

Caporegime
Forestry work in summer or winter. Dragging heavy ass lumps of wood up a hill to then lift them into a chipper. Ten hour days. No break, so grabbing food as you go meaning it ends up containing loads of mud, wood and chainsaw oil. All for less than minimum wage.

But it was a favour for a friend so I'd do it all over again.

Soldato
Did a bit of a labouring job when i was 16 turning a nightclub called ZanziBar into Escapade. After a few days i was destroyed lol. I quit :D

Toughest job i have had is being a baliff for MobileMoney for just over a year. Could earn £700+ a week but i was working 16-18hours a day, 7 days a week travelling around the UK and Scotland picking up cars. Quit after realising having a life is far more important, literally.

Man of Honour
Worked down a sewer. Crawling down a 24" pipe is no fun with rats and other miscellaneous items floating past your head along with the constant worry of hypodermic needles and obviously flooding. It was however surprisingly warm and didn't smell (apart from peaches!) which was the biggest shock.

Stuck it for 18 months because of the great pay but then much better things came along.

Soldato
Spray painting salt Gritters ......... spend the whole day in a spray booth thats hot as hell with the vent system thats useless and a full face mask that keeps the paint out just not the fumes, gets to mid day and you high as a kite did it for 4 years :( bloody terrible conditions

Soldato
I'm currently working in a seasonal job for an online retailer. I walk 14+ miles a day, I'm not ever allowed to sit unless it's lunch (20 minutes) or morning break (10 minutes) and even your toilet breaks are monitored.

That was my first thought as well after reading the OP - are they even legally allowed to monitor your toilet breaks?

their Victorian working conditions are notorious.

They've built a huge distribution a few miles up the road from me and seem to be currently working their way through the local area by hiring then firing staff members on minimum wage both from the job centre and through agencies. I've heard they're really bad to work for! :eek:

On Topic - hardest job I ever done was call centre work for a well known satellite television provider. You got the occasional customer with a genuine issue you could deal with the rest were completely ****** off with being passed from pillar to post and no one would ever actually do anything to resolve their query. I could really understand their frustration but dealing with this on a daily basis was utterly soul destroying! :(

Soldato
I'm currently working in a seasonal job for an online retailer. I walk 14+ miles a day, I'm not ever allowed to sit unless it's lunch (20 minutes) or morning break (10 minutes) and even your toilet breaks are monitored.
What did you expect ? :confused:

Did you expect to get to work and they let you sit down for half an hour just because you walked to work :confused:

Soldato
most physical job was probably being a plumbers mate at 16

Most boring job was the green forest on agency work @18

most stressful and hardest job is working in sales for the past 8 years, I am actually very good at it and often am top sales person in my workplace, however being a field sales rep in the construction industry is painful at times, motivation drops with lost deals, product support etc. Keeping the hunger day in day out is stressful and as all sales people we are very exposed and lonely when times get quiet.

Back
Top Bottom