• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hardware Unboxed out of favour with NVidia for not being completely positive about Turing.

Caporegime
Steve over at Hardware Unboxed is pretty honest, he speaks his mind and tells you exactly how it is, he does not follow GPU vendors 'Review guides' be they from Intel, nVidia or AMD, he's not bias, he poured scorn on AMD Vega cards for under performing and being over priced, his review of Turing was positive but concluded they are overpriced with the RTX technology a good thing but not worth using yet.

For that it seems nVidia are giving him the cold shoulder.

I'm not disputing nVidia can do as they like including reviewers who only publish positive information about them. Of Course that is their right and prerogative.

However if nVidia force their reviewers to only publish positive reviews of their samples then no one can hold them to account, as reviewers should be so we can make proper informed decisions before we part with huge amounts of our hard earned cash.

Those of you about to shreek "AMD Fanboy" at me, check my signature, i had a GTX 970 before the 1070 i have now, i have been with nVidia for coming up to 4 years, because AMD's card's during that time have just not been good enough for me, i based my buying decisions based on the reviews people like Hardware Unboxed produced.

I want to be able to continue to trust the reviews i'm watching or reading so i can make an informed decision, and so that people like nVidia, AMD and Intel don't fall into a trap of confidence of producing lesser products for more money and then just forcing reviewer to milk the products for them.

*sorry about the typo in the title, nothing i can do about it now*

Last edited:
Caporegime
Still showing as alcohol-fueled for me, but might take a few mins maybe? I don't claim I'm perfect, just thought it funny but now a bit awks :D

Hardware Unboxed out of favour with nVidia for not being competley possitive about Turning.

Caporegime
Any reviewer who receives "free" samples for review are dodgy to me. I would prefer a reviewer to purchase and then give a fair review of the product they have just paid for. The reviewer is beholden to the retailer who sent the product and therefore will show bias!

Caporegime
OP
Any reviewer who receives "free" samples for review are dodgy to me. I would prefer a reviewer to purchase and then give a fair review of the product they have just paid for. The reviewer is beholden to the retailer who sent the product and therefore will show bias!

There is something in that, the thing is these days you can earn a lot of money with Youtube channels that have 50K+ subscribers, not just through ad revenue but also all the Patreon donations, it can add upto a pretty healthy salary, enough so that you don't need to work.

That by itself can slant reviewers to wanting to keep their 'partners' happy because if they don't get samples to review they don't have a channel.

Associate
There are only a couple of Reviewers I trust for their honest opinion, hardware unboxed being one of them, nvidia giving him the cold shoulder wont deter him from giving his honest opinion.

Soldato
it can add upto a pretty healthy salary, enough so that you don't need to work.

Why is running a Youtube channel not working?

The pressure of having to continually feed the beast with new content to keep it going is a full time job, IMO. I sure as hell wouldn't want to do it.

Back
Top Bottom