Haribo shortage - whats OCUK going to do now?

Associate
I suspect that is probably it.

If it's in a suitable box for delivery already they may just slap a label on it, although I think I did get some haribo stuffed in through the carry handles* on a large item once.

*The reinforced punchouts that some case boxes etc have to make it easier to carry.

Aye, but I think only certain size handles and the rigidity of the handles get any chance at some Haribo being put in. Some handles are punched out more than others and any Haribo will basically slip out easily if placed flat, or on its side. So I think in those instances, Haribo will not be added since it's not a certainty that it'll get to you and may just get lost during transit.

Mine was individual components all in their own boxes in a massive box. Loads of room for Haribo but still none.

That's unlucky. I imagine they have small stashes of Haribo by each packing team/person though, and if they run out, you just don't get any, as they won't stop to refill as that'll slow the packing down which usually is time limited each day. That might have been the case for you. But yeah, it bites when none arrive when you'd expect at least one.

Soldato
I suspect that is probably it.

If it's in a suitable box for delivery already they may just slap a label on it, although I think I did get some haribo stuffed in through the carry handles* on a large item once.

*The reinforced punchouts that some case boxes etc have to make it easier to carry.

I've never received any on a delivery like that. Cleary favouritism is at work here. :mad::p

Associate
Yep. Totally favouritism. If you're on the "extra special naughty list", when you place an order you might even get a giant bag of sugar free gummi bears, with special instructions to eat them all at once. It was the cause of the toilet paper shortage last year. You might have heard about that in the media.

Soldato
Yep. Totally favouritism. If you're on the "extra special naughty list", when you place an order you might even get a giant bag of sugar free gummi bears, with special instructions to eat them all at once. It was the cause of the toilet paper shortage last year. You might have heard about that in the media.

Ah the good old sugar free Gummi Bears that unleash Hell on you.

Associate
I have been shopping with overclockers for over 15 years now and today I received NO sweeties in my order (despite that due to an oversight on my part it was actually 2 orders delivered at the same time in separate boxes).
Now my memory may be failing a titbit but I do believe this is the second time this has happened!!! I understand that things are difficult for everyone right now but honestly, this is just not good enough!!!
I am seriously considering taking my custom elsewhere, such as 'PC Planet' (I know they still haven't got back to me on my memory enquiry in 1998 but still).

That said I am now off to make a complaint about this dead parrot I received through the post.

(I hate that I have to say this and I am sure it is not needed here, but some forums lol.... anyway, this is VERY much tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously at all, although I do have to go and order some haribo online now pffft :cry:)

P.S. I deliberately dropped the wrong shop name of the 'alternative' place, not sure what the rules are on that lol :)

Back
Top Bottom