Harry Potter 7 Plot Leaked to the internet

Soldato
stoofa said:
And you've got a link to a picture of a car in your signature - your point being?

My point is that as a 27 year old, taking a week off work, stocking up on beer and cider to read a childrens book is incredibly odd behaviour.

What's your point about having my car in my sig? I think you'll find that not only do many Motors forum people have pictures of their car in their sig, they also have power outputs, lists of mods etc etc. Which is a perfectly healthy thing for a 20 year old to do.

Soldato
Serj said:
My point is that as a 27 year old, taking a week off work, stocking up on beer and cider to read a childrens book is incredibly odd behaviour.

What's your point about having my car in my sig? I think you'll find that not only do many Motors forum people have pictures of their car in their sig, they also have power outputs, lists of mods etc etc. Which is a perfectly healthy thing for a 20 year old to do.

Since when has an adult reading a book been seen as odd behavior?

I don't read HP, but I'm not sure it's fair to classify it as a "Children's Book" either. At least it's not exactly like the Hungry Caterpillar, is it? :D

Soldato
Tommy B said:
Since when has an adult reading a book been seen as odd behavior?

I don't read HP, but I'm not sure it's fair to classify it as a "Children's Book" either. At least it's not exactly like the Hungry Caterpillar, is it? :D

Well afaik it was initially aimed at children, whether adults enjoy it or not won't change the fact that a story about some kids going to a school to be wizards is a story meant for kids.

I just find it odd that someone would stock up on alcohol and take a week off work to read a childrens book. It's unusual, you've got to give me that.

Soldato
Serj said:
Well afaik it was initially aimed at children, whether adults enjoy it or not won't change the fact that a story about some kids going to a school to be wizards is a story meant for kids.

I just find it odd that someone would stock up on alcohol and take a week off work to read a childrens book. It's unusual, you've got to give me that.

Oh right, perhaps that is a bit over the top, but I don't think there's anything wrong with an adult showing some interest in the book.

Also, the latter books as I understand have been aimed at a slightly older audience, as have the films, to reflect how the characters have aged.

Associate
Serj said:

No different from when people take time off work when WOW BC Expansion came out, or lots of other games for xbox etc, i see no difference.

If everyone thought the same it would be a boring world, time to realise that different things make people tick :)

Soldato
Bobcat said:
No different from when people take time off work when WOW BC Expansion came out, or lots of other games for xbox etc, i see no difference.

If everyone thought the same it would be a boring world, time to realise that different things make people tick :)

Both are equally as weird. And i realise different things make different people tick, however there is just something inherently weird about a week off + booze to read any book let alone a childs book.

Tommy B said:
Oh right, perhaps that is a bit over the top, but I don't think there's anything wrong with an adult showing some interest in the book.

Nothing wrong with that, interests are fine. Obsessions creep me out.

Caporegime
Serj said:

Well, given that Lord Of The Rings was originally a kids book, you can't really judge things too much by who ends up reading them.

Soldato
Lame ending, but a good read.

If it turns out to be fan fiction, then I'll not regret being taken in, but will have another book to read come midnight! I don't think it is a fake though.

Soldato
You know how when somebody posts a picture or story and people rush to post things like "How old" or "Seen it before" or something similar.
It would appear that this thread is becomming a "Look at me, I've read the leak" thread.
Then the little "hints" on how it ends or how good it was.
As if ANY Harry Potter fan would dare to even hint at a spoiler post.
Just goes to show that people will download anything online - the true fans are waiting for the experience only the books will give.
Some fans will have picked up the leak as they just cannot wait.

The other people - they just aren't fans in the least and it just seems to be a look at my **** kind of post.

Soldato
slinxy said:
can someone tells me who dies? so I dont have to read the book :D

They all do. Wizard of the Afgans, Osama BinLazdigan gets very upset that no one has mentioned his extremist ideas in the curriculum and seen as Harrys aunt nailed his son, he is even more angered by the serious lack of pants in the peace offering, so he goes Tim Westwood on hogwarts and drops da bomb!

Soldato
So the book is now officially out,shame tho even if my copy of d HP book arrives tomorrow I can't read it until either Sunday or Monday when my sister finishes it.(she preordered it) :(

Associate
jesta said:
So the book is now officially out,shame tho even if my copy of d HP book arrives tomorrow I can't read it until either Sunday or Monday when my sister finishes it.(she preordered it) :(

hard luck dude i feel your sorrow

Back
Top Bottom