• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Has anyone got a 2nd 1080ti for SLI?

Associate
OP
hmmm everyone talking about 1080ti sli but has anyone got actual hands on experience with 1080ti sli? or do you think it will be the same as 1080 sli in terms of headache with un optimised games ect

(apart from doom and GTAV where sli is a dream)

Associate
i have had 1080 and 1080 ti sli and have now gone to single 1080 ti strix , had all sorts of headaches lost fps in some games or minimal gains. for all extra heat and power , only really good for benchmark e peen

Soldato
It's called progress.

I love it, one day we just... jumped up from 1080p to 4k. I know a lot of guys did 1440p for a while but when it came to movies, TV and generally mainstream/casual gaming, the leap was straight to 4k for a lot of people, myself included. Fast progress is always welcome, it has a domino effect. GPUs that are made with 4k in mind means cheaper 1440p GPUs and 1080p gameplay for the entry market.

Onwards to 8k!

Soldato
hmmm everyone talking about 1080ti sli but has anyone got actual hands on experience with 1080ti sli? or do you think it will be the same as 1080 sli in terms of headache with un optimised games ect

(apart from doom and GTAV where sli is a dream)

Been running SLI since forever and currently running some 1080Ti's with two of them in SLI. Headache wise its no different to 1080's I have or older Titan X maxwell's, its all very much hit and miss depending on the game. Some see decent scaling, some mediocre and some utterly crap. Not really unexpected in that regards really as behaviour should be similar in terms of scaling.

For my part most games I tend to play support SLI reasonably well so am happy, Witcher 3 100's of hours recently and rise of tomb raider / Dues Ex (DX12 patch) before that.

Associate
OP
Been running SLI since forever and currently running some 1080Ti's with two of them in SLI. Headache wise its no different to 1080's I have or older Titan X maxwell's, its all very much hit and miss depending on the game. Some see decent scaling, some mediocre and some utterly crap. Not really unexpected in that regards really as behaviour should be similar in terms of scaling.

For my part most games I tend to play support SLI reasonably well so am happy, Witcher 3 100's of hours recently and rise of tomb raider / Dues Ex (DX12 patch) before that.
did you go straight into 1080ti sli or was it one and then you got a 2nd?

Soldato
did you go straight into 1080ti sli or was it one and then you got a 2nd?

I pick all of them up at once. I note you had experience with 1080's in SLI and behaviour will be pretty much the same in terms of scaling when I compared my 1080's to my 1080ti's in terms of scaling when in SLI. Just more frames on the latter. I note you had issues on wildlane, but in my experience it does increase FPS with both 1080's and Ti's but scaling is abysmal, adding 10%-15% to the FPS.

Caporegime
Having had Crossfire and SLi right up until my 1080's I'll always go with a powerful single card now. Just a lot less headaches and Gsync picks up the slack where it's needed :)

Soldato
R.I.P SLI / XFIRE.

I remember having headaches 5 years back with a dual setup, I can't imagine it's got any better at all. Game over. Onwards and power to the strong single cards :D

Back
Top Bottom