Has anyone got one of the Yale smart alarms?

Associate
I'm looking at getting an alarm system, in particular one of the Yale smart alarms. There are two ranges IA and SR. From what I have read the SR series uses RF and the newer IA series uses WiFi. Can anyone comment if one is better than the other? Looking at the Yale website I can see the SR has a range of 30m and the IA a range of 200m. Other than that they look pretty much the same, both have a smart app, range of different sensors you can add etc.

Soldato
I would buy some CCTV cameras first. Then possibly think about an alarm system.

I would buy the loudest, most noisiest system on the market. As alarm systems go, they are all quite rubbish.

Associate
I have a yale smart home fitted in my home. It was so easy to fit and sync together and all works through an app. I have 2 motion pirs one one the living room pointing at the patio doors and one in the hall pointing at the front door. Also have door window detectors on every door/ window downstairs. It's all synced through the hub which stays on all the time and plugged into the router.
My wife thinks its ace as when I'm away she likes to half arm the house at night which is just the door/window sensors which means she can still wander about the house and feel safe. And if were ever out for the night or whatever you can just go on your phone and and arm it anywhere if you have forgot. Also I get an email and txt whenever one goes off.
You can buy and add things to sync in if you want like a key pad which we have as you come in the front door and also a few different CCTV cameras.....
Just got to remember if its half armed and you open a window like I did the other morning the rest of the street will know about it.

Caporegime
i have a yale smart alarm and its easy to install yourself bar the outside siren.

i have the 200m range one and highly recommend them.

i'd get an alarm before cctv personally. as it pings your phone so you can head home and check cameras live. i already have nest hello and now have 4 cctv cameras too.

Back
Top Bottom