Has anyone heard of Lo fi?

Soldato
Yeah there’s a few guys with various videos of it on YouTube that I’ve seen...

It looks fairly empty at the moment but does seem to be progressing pretty nicely. I’ve been tempted myself to pick it up but if I did it’d more be to support the development of something that looks pretty interesting and I probably wouldn’t play it much at all until release.

$35 = £25 at the mo so not too bad really.

Associate
OP
I think I will buy it, like you say to support the development of it. Can't find anyone with a G2 who has commented on it yet so I hope it works although I have a quest 2 also which it will work on. It does look a bit empty in the vids I've seen, those graphics look nice though. Here goes then, $35 for some eye candy and hopefully a fully fledged game in the near future.

Associate
OP
@tyke_ did you get it?
Thoughts if so?

Yes I got it and its ok, lots to see and explore, but like you say its a bit empty, theres a few androids doing chores like collecting rubbish and a few npc's which dont do much, thats it for other characters. I spent some time exploring the different areas and the atmosphere of it, the blade runner like environments with the some of the music in the game had me smiling. But i would only buy it if its to support the development of the game, you wont get your moneys worth out of it as it is at the moment. I really hope it gets finished.

Soldato
^Concur with that.

I haven't tried the story mode yet, which is where the development focus is now, I believe. But I did take a bit of a wander in the world and it is absolutely stunning and... deserted. There's evidently a lot of work left to do. It's certainly set to be one of the best looking VR games though, whatever happens with the rest of development.

Associate
OP
I heard and see early trailers ages ago is it still in Beta?
Yes, afaik its had a map that you can explore (if you backed the kickstarter) since 2019, so with my uneducated eyes it seems like its taking a long time. They do add in a bit more with each update but there's a long way to go yet.

cheers, all worked ok on the G2 though?
No problem, yes all OK the G2, controllers worked fine, ran really well.

Associate
Yes, afaik its had a map that you can explore (if you backed the kickstarter) since 2019, so with my uneducated eyes it seems like its taking a long time. They do add in a bit more with each update but there's a long way to go yet.

No problem, yes all OK the G2, controllers worked fine, ran really well.

I Didnt go into the kickstarter but ill be sure to get it once fully released...So reminds me of Blade Runner, I even played the old PC game of that...Showing my age here lol

Back
Top Bottom