Has anyone invested in a proper gaming table?

Soldato
I'm currently working on plans to put a table together myself, planning to build out of Ash, price wise I'm looking around £300-350 for materials but I'm paying extra for the machining on the wood as I don't have a workshop available too me to plane the wood down myself.

Now I've seen the pine tables from the first link I may re-think though as the price difference is massive, I could get build costs down to around £100-150 using pine.

If this ever gets off the ground past just the current design stage I'll make sure I take plenty of progress pictures and do a DIY thread about the build.

Although I'm now tempted to make a pine one as a trial run as its such an easy wood to work with and gives me a dummy run too.

Man of Honour
I'm currently working on plans to put a table together myself, planning to build out of Ash, price wise I'm looking around £300-350 for materials but I'm paying extra for the machining on the wood as I don't have a workshop available too me to plane the wood down myself.

Now I've seen the pine tables from the first link I may re-think though as the price difference is massive, I could get build costs down to around £100-150 using pine.

If this ever gets off the ground past just the current design stage I'll make sure I take plenty of progress pictures and do a DIY thread about the build.

Although I'm now tempted to make a pine one as a trial run as its such an easy wood to work with and gives me a dummy run too.

Take a look at this compilation of threads, the chap who put these together has spent a very long time going over the designs and in some cases, the maths of the table design...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1335923/game-table-design-series-index

Back
Top Bottom