Has anyone used both iPhone 12 Mini and Pro?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Completely torn between these two. I am slightly veering towards the pro due to the camera but would love to hear what those who have given both a good run think

Thanks

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I bought the Pro originally but ended up sending it back and getting the mini instead.

Coming from an 8 I found the size of the pro a bit too large and uncomfortable for me, not sure if it was the physical dimensions or the weight, but it was giving me pains in my hand to use so thought this isn't good.

I've always liked smaller phones but wanted to try the pro for the better camera features, but in all honesty I've not missed them dropping down to a mini.

Never used the telephoto lens on the pro for the couple of weeks I had it, only thing that might be nice would be lidar for night mode portraits and improved low light focusing, but in grand scheme of things they aren't things that get used often.

Night mode on standard mode photos is plenty good enough.

Soldato
Camera is always used as one of the benchmarks when assessing phones but do the majority of people really use their capability in practice? Im always impressed by a new camera on a new phone but end up just snapping away candid shots the vast majority of the time. I suppose if you have a genuine interest in photography it makes a difference but Im sure that still a minority?

Soldato
Camera is always used as one of the benchmarks when assessing phones but do the majority of people really use their capability in practice? Im always impressed by a new camera on a new phone but end up just snapping away candid shots the vast majority of the time. I suppose if you have a genuine interest in photography it makes a difference but Im sure that still a minority?

If youre into photography you'd have an SLR (or even a compact) and the camera wouldn't matter at all, no? You need after market/third party items in order to take good (as in photography level) photos anyway.

Personally for me, I went for the pro over the mini because i've become use to the phones being that size. The mini would feel slightly too small.

I don't like the max it's just way to big to be carrying every day, I like to just carry phone/keys/wallet/airpods in my pockets.

I don't know if the camera is £300 better, it's a tough one to say but the certainly is a difference between it and the XS.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Thanks. I have an 8 plus at the moment and the Pro is quite a few grams lighter so hoping it doesn’t feel heavy to me. My other half has a 12 mini and I must say it is very nice indeed

Soldato
If youre into photography you'd have an SLR (or even a compact) and the camera wouldn't matter at all, no? You need after market/third party items in order to take good (as in photography level) photos anyway.
This. Photography is one of my main hobbies and every time I watch a phone review I have to skip the camera section as it just bores me to tears. I couldn’t care less about the camera tech on a phone. Does it take photos? Yep. Move on.
I obviously don’t speak for the majority because the reviewers know their audience but some are just ridiculous. A 20 minute phone review could easily have 50% of its time devoted to just the camera.
And camera review videos have turned into reviews about the video features and not stills! There’s just no pleasing some people :p

Back
Top Bottom