has bird poo done this to my roof?

Soldato
:mad:

25hd00k.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/25hd00k.jpg

Soldato
Looks like it, clean it properly then try a hair dryer on it to see if helps. Be careful not to get too close and get it too hot that it damages the paint.

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=380428
If heat doesn't work, you may be able to flat it back and compound it back. That does look fairly gone though, clean the car and take another photo.

And taking it to a hand car wash for them to spray brick acid on it and make it worse doesn't count as washing

Soldato
OP
That photo is after a full clean and clay

Paints gone!

Bloody things. I'm pleased theres a massive decline in insects, the sooner the birds faff off the better.

Looks like it's a respray at god knows how much.

Soldato
How long do you think it was on there for?

I would have thought it would have had to stay on there for some considerable time, although if it's left on for long periods during the summer i can imagine that won't need as long.

Soldato
OP
How long do you think it was on there for?

I would have thought it would have had to stay on there for some considerable time, although if it's left on for long periods during the summer i can imagine that won't need as long.

Can't have been long, just surprised it's stripped it right back.

Associate
Ah that sucks! I too have a bit of etching on my roof from the flipping things, but in reality the the actual cause was my laziness in leaving it on there too long in the crazy heat we had last summer.

Cost is difficult, depends on the paint type, whether the roof needs any further work, e.g. rust treatments, among other things. Could try some touch up paint from dr colourchip or similar and build up some layers before flattening back again. Won't be as good as a respray but if it's an older vehicle is it worth the cost? May be better to just ensure it cannot lead to rust, etc, and so it looks okay from a distance!

Soldato
Every time before you drive do a quick walk around your car checking for bird poo. Keep a bottle of water and box of tissues. Place tissue on the poo and pour water over it and let it soak. Don't wipe. Wait a while and lift, then pour more water over it to rinse it off.

This. Basically what I get my other half to do.

We have a roll of blue "garage paper" (thanks Costco) handy and screen wash in a squirty bottle, works well.

OcUK Staff
This happened to my M3 CSL's roof, bird poop put a hole in the lacquer.

Ever since I've made sure all my cars are sealed and protected with good products and never had issues from bird plop since.

Soldato
OP
This happened to my M3 CSL's roof, bird poop put a hole in the lacquer.

Ever since I've made sure all my cars are sealed and protected with good products and never had issues from bird plop since.

I can understand the lacquer, but this has gone through that and the paint

Back
Top Bottom