Has this ever happened to anyone? (PS4 DLC related)

Soldato
Hi All,

Just wanted to post a thread to see if the following has ever happened to anyone else on here. Yesterday I was really chuffed to receive my copy of Nier Automata: game of the YoRHa Edition on PS4, the game arrived sealed and looked fine. Later in the afternoon I went to redeem the DLC code that came with the game and was met with an error, I tried multiple times just to make sure but the code just wouldn't work.

I called PS support who were very helpful and verified that the code was indeed legitimate and was active but yet to be redeemed, they asked me to send across pictures of the error screen and the game etc and I'm just waiting to hear back. I did try signing out of my account and back in as well as completely powering down the console but the issue remains.

Has this ever happened to anyone else - what was the solution?

Soldato
You haven't been sent a copy of the game from a different region have you?
You can buy a physical copy of a game from anywhere, they are not region locked. The DLC however is - you cannot redeem US DLC in the UK for example.

Soldato
OP
Never happened to me try activating it on the on you PC ? could you be mistaking 0 for o ?

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/home/games

No zero's or o's in the code, interestingly when trying on my laptop the code is recognised and shows what it is for but when clicking the redeem button I get the message 'No longer valid'

You haven't been sent a copy of the game from a different region have you?
You can buy a physical copy of a game from anywhere, they are not region locked. The DLC however is - you cannot redeem US DLC in the UK for example.

its deffo the right region, I looked at this t start with but Sony also confirmed that this is for the correct region.

The only thing I can think of is that the game is not out until next week so maybe the codes can't be redeemed before then, I don't remember that ever being a thing though?

Soldato
I bought assassins creed 3 sealed from a supermarket and the dlc code didn’t work. I took a photo of it and zoomed in on each character thinking I was mis reading an 8 for a B or something but no it just didn’t work. It was only for a suit or something so I just left it in the end

Back
Top Bottom