• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have I just halfed the life of my GTX295

Soldato
Playing an hours worth of Shift and I noticed the frame rates slowing, 15 mins later crash to desktop, strange I thought, then I remembered I didnt increase the fan speed (overclocked 650/1200/1400). Checked GPU-Z 95 degrees :eek:
Have I done any serious harm? I cooked it good for at least an hour, have a shorten my cards life?

Soldato
hmm i wouldn't say so, i would leave it off for 10 mins, then leave it overclocked and bang the fan speed on 100% for about half hour while playing see if its fine. And no i doubt it would wreck the life span

AMG

AMG

Soldato
it depends how long you had it like that, smell burning ?:p

anyways if it still works, flawlessy than you have got away with it for now

off topic note, is shift any good?

I so wanna get a G25 :p

Soldato
OP
Thats good then, thankx for the reply's I did touch the metal gills on the side of the card and I couldnt hold my fingure on for any longer than a second, but no burning smell from the card.

Shift is o.k, the handling is a little off with a 360 controller and the cars seem a little slippy/light, but other than that great graphics, problems with ATI though I think, will be patched soon though.

Back
Top Bottom