• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have I missed any Ryzen deals?

Associate
Anyone point me the way for the best Ryzen CPU deal for a 1800X on here dont have the time to hunt I am flat out at work and only sneaked off for 5 minute..thanks in advance

There is no point in the 1800X you can get a 1700 for a lot less money and overclock it. At most you will lose out by 200Mhz on a bad clocking chip.

Also the next Ryzen chips are due soon. I'd wait.

Soldato
There is no point in the 1800X you can get a 1700 for a lot less money and overclock it. At most you will lose out by 200Mhz on a bad clocking chip.

Also the next Ryzen chips are due soon. I'd wait.
For a while the 1700X was like £20 more than the 1700 and the 1800X only £40 more than that (IIRC).

Associate
Only £8 pound difference between the 1700 and 1700x at the moment. Would 1700x overclock more easily to an 1800x level or still better to get a 1700 and oc as it has a lower power consumption? assuming I were to upgrade now!
I am tempted to get it over and done with but am telling myself few more days few more days then I can see if new chips are just as value for money or might even get the older ones for cheaper!

Soldato
The reason it has a lower power consumption is because of its lower base clocks. Its lower TDP limit would probably result in it boosting less often when not overclocked (depending on motherboard). For the sake of £8 I'd go for the 1700X and check its performance with no overclock to begin with; I'd bet you don't get much more out of it anyway, except maybe for heavily threaded stuff like encoding or rendering.

Back
Top Bottom