have royal mail changed the way signed for works

Soldato
sent a item signed for last week and it's not turned up. i gave the guy the tracking number but he said it dont say when or where the item was posted anymore.

i checked myself and all i see now is that it only gets scanned on delivery and that i can no longer see on line the time,date and post office at which it was sent.

Is this correct or am i missing something

TIA guys

this is what it says now
Status: Royal Mail Signed For™ items are only scanned when the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent 1st or 2nd class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.
Please come back later
Information on your Royal Mail Signed For™ item is not yet available.
Last update: 09 May 2015, 03:38pm

bJN

bJN

Soldato
It just sounds like it hasn't been delivered yet. Give it a few more days and if it doesn't show up then start the process of claiming from Royal Mail.

Soldato
It's been this way for ages afaik. Whenever I've ordered stuff with Signed For delivery it's always said that there's no tracking until it's been delivered.

Soldato
It's a pain... I do get a lot of stuff from the internet and I tend to get it delivered to my brother's address as my door doesn't have a letter box I have one of those mailbox on the outside wall instead. So I have to wait for the text from my brother to tell me I have mail rather than royal mail's website telling me it's been delivered.

Soldato
I sent a "Signed for 1st class" letter on Wednesday. Just checked tracking and it says it's being processed in the network, the latest update is at the post office I dropped it off at..

:(

Soldato
Items are scanned at delivery but the actual Signed for barcodes/labels are validated immediately at the Post Office and it should automatically record which Post Office that barcode was used from. I sent something a few weeks ago and it showed the origin Post Office in the tracking within 10 minutes.

Associate
Tracked items are scanned all the way along the journey.

Post Offfice - Hubs - Delivery Office - Doorstep

Signed For are literally Post Office - Doorstep. (As long as our PDA's behave and actually upload the data and not lose communication :D )

Caporegime
Tracked items are scanned all the way along the journey.

Post Offfice - Hubs - Delivery Office - Doorstep

Signed For are literally Post Office - Doorstep. (As long as our PDA's behave and actually upload the data and not lose communication :D )

I've always wondered.
When on your rounds and you come across a block of flatts/maisonetts or whatever and you need a fob to enter.

do you basically have to randomly call people on the intercom and asked to be let in?

Back
Top Bottom