Having a Phat exhaust -

Soldato
Always about the chavzorst.

IMG_3726.jpg

Soldato

:p

It is too loud on the move though. Fine when cruising but if you open it up it's just a bit too intrusive and when it's idling and cold you can hear it from quite some distance away. Have to do something about that soon. That's only up to about 3,500RPM in that video. Spins to about 6,500RPM if you want it to.

Last edited:
Associate
It can be done right. - I have a 2.5" system with a silenced decat and a large backbox and it's ~90dB (or at least it was when it was tested at Bedford).
I have a friend with a 3" system with a large silencer and a large backbox that makes about the same level of noise... but gets more power than me due to better flow.

I think the biggest mistake is a 5" tail on a smaller system; that just works like a megaphone.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
my exhaust is tiny and discreet looking, even more discreet imo than the dual pipe OEM exhaust on the CTR. it doesn't need to be huge to be loud though, made good power too.

big isn't always best. :p

Soldato
I'm getting too old and don't have enough cylinders to justify a loud exhaust

Sir, you have 2 more than most, you have enough!

Even with a full exhaust on the cab it sounds similar (need to get a decent video with no mic cut - that one the exhaust overpowered the mic)...nice and loud and meaty. :D

Soldato
tbh i think the st185 mountune sounds stupid
I have fun slaughtering them with pure induction noise and a standard exhaust while they pop every 5 seconds.
Driving one of them would make me want to shoot myself.

Soldato
I have a Blitz Nur Spec R, decatted on my Evo, Very noticeable when cat and bung fitted for MOT.
the performance with the bung fitted itself is noticable as well, not massively but it is noticable, which i fit for the journey home from camp(210miles) as the Evo can be a tad on the loud side without it.
last time i made that journey i didnt bother as i was in a rush, my hearing was dulled and ears were ringing all night after getting out of the car:eek::eek::eek:

which reminds me i must get a decent video of it on gear change at ful chat and overrun, bangs and flames are fun:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom